Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going down to North Carolina and need to know whats the best 1/4 mile dragstrip in the state?
Wheres a good place to live near this track, must be nearby.not too far and need to be near a airport too.track is the 1st concern, airport secondary.
No homeowner associations and i need acreage for a large barn for cars on premise.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
Z Max in Concord has to be the nicest track. Most tracks around here are 1/8 mile but most are decent tracks and there are quit a few in a 90 minute ride from Charlotte area

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Charlotte at Zmax or The Rock at Rockingham. Zmax is NHRA and Rock is IHRA. Lots of opportunities around Charlotte, Concorde and probably a bit more pricey. Traffic sucks in Charlotte too.Nothing really close to Rockingham but you are closer to the beach !

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Rockingham or Zmax.

So either Concord, Rockingham etc.

I live in Greensboro and there is a nice big modern commuter airport that they can fly 777's in and out of on a daily basis.

There are at LEAST 6 tracks within a 2 hour radius of Greensboro. There is Piedmont Dragway 10 miles out of greensboro, Farmington outside Winston Salem(45 minutes from greensboro) Dunn Benson which is 2 hours from Greensboro, Zmax dragway(1/4 mile) hour from greensboro, Rockingham hour and a half from greensboro. All of them are pretty good tracks with Piedmont, Zmax and Rockingham being at the top with Dunn Benson close behind. You also have Fayetteville but it's a pretty shitty track all the time but it is 1/4 mile as is Rockingham.

·
Creepy Ass Cracka
5,801 Posts
Rockingham or Zmax.

So either Concord, Rockingham etc.

I live in Greensboro and there is a nice big modern commuter airport that they can fly 777's in and out of on a daily basis.

There are at LEAST 6 tracks within a 2 hour radius of Greensboro. There is Piedmont Dragway 10 miles out of greensboro, Farmington outside Winston Salem(45 minutes from greensboro) Dunn Benson which is 2 hours from Greensboro, Zmax dragway(1/4 mile) hour from greensboro, Rockingham hour and a half from greensboro. All of them are pretty good tracks with Piedmont, Zmax and Rockingham being at the top with Dunn Benson close behind. You also have Fayetteville but it's a pretty shitty track all the time but it is 1/4 mile as is Rockingham.

All of this. I'm 30 minutes east of Raleigh. At leat 6 tracks within an hour ride. However its almost 2 hours to the rock and 2.5 to Zmax. RDU airport is a 20 minute ride. And I'm surrounded on 3 sides by cotton fields. Farms as far as you can see and no HOA!!!! Cost of living is dirt cheap as well.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to be around 30 miles max to one of the tracks, no more. i heard zmax doesnt run on a regular basis. am i wrong?
its finally happening for the move out of this fucking money pit. but i need to be near a airport also for work.I NEED ACREAGE TOO!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Z max would be your best.it got a airport near the track. there are bits of size of land around the track and airport.i lived in mount plesant nc for a while and it took me about 20 mins to get to the track.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Piedmont is 1/8 mile but a pretty decent track. 1/4 mile necessary ? Most are 1/8 mile tracks around anyway. Piedmont is open every week and Rockingham is also I believe. Lots of space around Greensboro.

·
Chupa Cabra
9,824 Posts
Piedmont is 1/8 mile but a pretty decent track. 1/4 mile necessary ? Most are 1/8 mile tracks around anyway. Piedmont is open every week and Rockingham is also I believe. Lots of space around Greensboro.
I concur!

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how far is piedmont from Greensboro? is this a nice area?
Does Zmax have weekend racing all the time or just specialty events?

·
502 daddy
3,311 Posts
Stupid for even asking that question in my opinion....

·
Registered
94 Posts
zmax is the best. but, look at their schedule... test n tune from april til august. most tracks are running a
lot more often. they are only running 12 friday nights this year.
you could buy just south of concord in midland area. you'd have no problems getting acreage there.
-dave

·
Registered
846 Posts
Zmax now runs a bracket race series on Saturday now. Racing starts around 11:00 am and ends around 6:00, but their only running to the eigth mile.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Zmax now runs a bracket race series on Saturday now. Racing starts around 11:00 am and ends around 6:00, but their only running to the eigth mile.

PTRA1955 do you know this for sure? I was told they have classes for both 1/8 and 1/4 mile. I'm going next Saturday so I guess I'll find out first hand.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts

Seems every year there is more events for local racers. No telling when the series they have now could stop. Hopefully they make enough money to keep it growing.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
what about coastal planes drag way . that's about a hour away from wilmington and they use to race 1/4.but i moved for there 10 years ago.

·
Registered
4,438 Posts
Timewise, depending on which side you live on ,lol. I live South of Greensboro and can be there in 15 mins. I've lived here all my life, but just as any where else, the scum is around. Its nowhere near what it is in Charlotte though.Concord is nice but you wont be at the airport in 30 mins.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts