Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I lived in that area (the triangle is what you'll hear it referred to as, Raliegh, Durham, Chapel Hill) for 3 years (97-00) and as for the good, be prepared for beautiful women, southern hospitality, incredible food and affordable living. The bad? I didn't find any while I lived there :) From what I know of OH (my dad lived there for a few years) you'll be pleasantly surprised. And happy to have moved ;)

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I'd take anything over Columbus. :)

Raleigh is pretty nice. Quite a bit to do, and Durham is close by and also a good area. Duke U is close by and they have a huge well-respected hospital system so there's quite a bit of opportunity and industry. Charlotte isn't too far from there (about an hour), so there's always places to do things and experience without spending a ton of gas.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
It was voted the best place to live and work a few years back,theres plenty to do and alot of racing going on,its Mustang and camaro heaven around that area and a lot of shop rivalries going on.You'll like the area,I would try and find a place out of Wake county and do the commute thing,rent or mortgage payments will be cheaper and out of the rat race.

·
Tony McKellar
4,812 Posts
whats rent like there for a 2 bed room apt or house??
In Raleigh,I'm gonna say over a grand,prolly more like 1200-1400,maybe even 1600-1800,been a while since I rented in that area, get out of raleigh and it gets better.You can buy a place out of Raleigh bigger and for about that or less.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Beautiful area, I've lived here all my life..we live about 20 miles north of the city of Raleigh and yes rent is cheaper on the outskirts. Best part is you are within 3 hours of many many racetracks. 3 hours to the beach, 3 hours to the mountains. You are welcome to e-mail me and I'll help you all I can. Or if your coming to Martin this weekend look me up..I'll be there 2!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful area, I've lived here all my life..we live about 20 miles north of the city of Raleigh and yes rent is cheaper on the outskirts. Best part is you are within 3 hours of many many racetracks. 3 hours to the beach, 3 hours to the mountains. You are welcome to e-mail me and I'll help you all I can. Or if your coming to Martin this weekend look me up..I'll be there 2!
Thanks!

Actually my job is going to be paying for everything, basically its a years vacation and paid well. I am going to sign up for a 1 year term them come back home. It will not start until the 1st of 09 and I am just trying to get info on what it might be like.

So far everything sounds positive, of course anything is better than ohio.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Rent is cheaper than that when you get out of town. I'm in Durham, and I've owned a couple of rental properties, the three bedroom 1300 sq/ft. went for about a grand, and we've still got a 3 bedroom, 1200 sq/ft that goes for 850 a month, just outside of the Durham city lines.

It really is a decent place to live, especially the Raleigh/Cary (Wake County) area. I'd probably prefer that over Durham, if I was moving into the area and had a choice. If you like country living, the counties surrounding Wake and Durham are beautiful, and much less expensive.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
im about 45 minutes from raleigh and it is great. the traffic can be a little aggravating at times but it is a nice city. you have atleast 4 to 5 racetracks about an hour or two from it. rockingham, benson, fayetville, kinston, brewer's. those tracks are always hot. along with some nice race and engine shops. the triangle area is a hotbed for racing!!

·
Registered
448 Posts
Visited my brother in Raliegh pretty nice place. Supposed to have the most doctorial degrees per capita of any city in the U.S so alot of business seem to be locating there as they have a good resource of highly educated people to tap into coming out of colleges like Duke and the other universities... Looking to relocate myself down that way once im finished with school. Plus drag strips pretty close an that area being a hot bed for nascar there is plenty of knowledgeable engines guys in the area

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
One extra is that there are 1/8 Dragstrips everywhere! There is a new NHRA 4 lane dragstrip being built in Charlotte, concrete the whole quarter mile. Bruton Smith is spending 60 million or more on the track, he wants it to be the nicest dragstrip in the World.....

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
One extra is that there are 1/8 Dragstrips everywhere! There is a new NHRA 4 lane dragstrip being built in Charlotte, concrete the whole quarter mile. Bruton Smith is spending 60 million or more on the track, he wants it to be the nicest dragstrip in the World.....
And it will be....:cool:

Rick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts