Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to drop a tenth off of my et by next weekend. I currently have a T-400 with a steel drum in the car. I also have a spare T-350 built to handle the power. Should I throw in the 350, or will it be of no benefit? Also will the torque converter stall at a different rpm in the 350? It stalls at 6100 behind the 436 now which is about 600rpm's too high for my application.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I need to drop a tenth off of my et by next weekend. I currently have a T-400 with a steel drum in the car. I also have a spare T-350 built to handle the power. Should I throw in the 350, or will it be of no benefit? Also will the torque converter stall at a different rpm in the 350? It stalls at 6100 behind the 436 now which is about 600rpm's too high for my application.

1st pray for clear skies and cooler temps and that will help with no other changes. Then leave the tranny alone and drain what ever tranny fluid you are using and replace it with John Deere Hy-Gard tranny oil (get it at any john deere tractor store). That will tighten your converter up about 200 rpm.
Check out the tranny section for more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts