Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what does everyone prefer. If you were going to start a new race car build, would you start with a new chassis
Ex. 1980's - present car?

Or would you go straight for the 1960's to 1970's old muscle?

Obviously it would be like a 1970 Nova or a 2001 Camaro?

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
How bout a 70 Nova with a LS1?

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I built what I could afford.I found a gn body at a good price so I built it.G-bodys are like the fox alot of parts avail reasonable.I prefer the older cars but there up there in price or in such poor condition that I would spend a bunch getting the body nice.

·
REBUILDING
10,877 Posts
Old cars are more expensive and also not as plentiful as newer cars to build! Buy a old one if you can afford it and if you want lots of attention! Buy a new one one if you want another belly button or if aerodynamics is your thing!

Example: Put two cars side by side that are built exactly the same and even painted the same, with the same stance. Make one a 67 Camaro and the other a 97 Camaro. The older car will draw more of a crowd and will have more value come resale time. IMO

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
Old cars are more expensive and also not as plentiful as newer cars to build! Buy a old one if you can afford it and if you want lots of attention! Buy a new one one if you want another belly button or if aerodynamics is your thing!

Example: Put two cars side by side that are built exactly the same and even painted the same, with the same stance. Make one a 67 Camaro and the other a 97 Camaro. The older car will draw more of a crowd and will have more value come resale time. IMO
I agree with this.But the old cars were belly button at one time!

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
I built what I could afford.I found a gn body at a good price so I built it.G-bodys are like the fox alot of parts avail reasonable.I prefer the older cars but there up there in price or in such poor condition that I would spend a bunch getting the body nice.
True!!!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
all out race old car 72 back, fast small tire streetable car i like 4th gen camaros or notch fox body

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
i would really like a nice 32 -34 ford as a 9 or 10 second race car

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Old all the way. I like having something nobody else has. I couldn't stand walking through the pits with my kids hearing "hey Dad, that car is just like yours... and another one... and another one!", lol.

·
Disconnected
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I'll be the first to disagree here. I would have more of an erection over a 2004 Cobra Terminator car running in the 9's or 8's than a 1969 anything with a carburated anything.
I used to think the old cars were the shit but now as the years go by I find myself not as excited over them anymore. I guess it's because of the amazing things happening with the new cars these days.

·
Registered
11,168 Posts
Luckily the gbodies are practically non-existent here on the west coast. There are a few, but not many. I switched from a bodies to g bodies in 2004 and I'm glad I did. I was tired of the same old body style, and everyone has a chevelle...

Short answer=new body style.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts