Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. We are already in phase (1) of making plans for the rebuild. Im doing away with the rear turbos and lightening the car up. Ill be selling a Dart BIG M short block thats bored 4.500 with all badass internals and going with an aluminum block with as many inches as I can get away with..I will most likely be selling a pair of 4788s in the near future too.

My question is. How BIG can I go with a big block and be legal for the 275 races and how big of a turbo can I put on it to be legal for the bigger races.

The car will remain a TRUE STREET legal car as well. Im not sure what we will do about this carpet adhesive. Perhaps use a light factory carpet without adhesive and spray it with that FIRE BLOCK..
Thanks

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Tom the rules for 275 vary by area quite a bit as far as cubic inches, turbos, carbs/throttle boddies etc. Check your local areas and where you think you will be racing the most. I know around here there is a difference between Cecil County Md and Budds Creek Md.

·
Team CoRuPt
1,810 Posts
All Blowers and Turbos have to be small block. Big Blocks are for all motor or nitrous combo only for up in our neck of the woods. Not sure about what's down by you Tom. These are the X275 rules.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
275 Class rules are like herding cats, it changes from week to weak in some places depending on who is wining or whining

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
275 Class rules are like herding cats, it changes from week to weak in some places depending on who is wining or whining

Not in my house! Our rules came out in November and are the same! It's all the Johnny-Come-Lately guys that want to change things.

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Not in my house! Our rules came out in November and are the same! It's all the Johnny-Come-Lately guys that want to change things.
That's why you had 20+ cars for the last couple events.;)

·
Registered
185 Posts
i would do a small block so i could stay away from the outlaw type stuff unless you have a big wallet and base your turbo on your local class, i have some friends with big blocks and it just limits them to the classes where you have to be in the high fours to be competitive good luck on your build i hate to see your misfortune with the fire ..

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
That's why you had 20+ cars for the last couple events.;)
Yes sir!

21 at MIR

22 at VMP

And I can't count on one hand the guys that are still in the process of building cars.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Luckily Dave doesn't screw with it up here much. VAMP radial rules have been the same for about 3 years. Turbo or blower, run the 275 and run whatever the hell you want for engine size, heads etc. Just no Nitrous + turbo/blower.
Nitrous gets the 295.
NA the 315.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn. I didnt realize the 275 stuff was going to be small block only. That puts a twist in my plans. Ive been running Big Blocks for the last 18 years..I guess Ill have to think long and hard about my intentions for the car when it comes back out..

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Tom,

The BB nos combo on 275's has proven to be pretty tough to beat in Xtreme Street at the ORTC just something to think about. Also up north here we have had several BB nos combos run 5.0's and 5.teens on the 275.

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Might want to get that old BBC Nos motor out of the corner Tom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts