Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for input best bang for buck 22 rifle
Ideally open sight semi auto, mags of 10 rounds or less ( because I reside in an awful state)
I like the cz usa 457 I think it is. Want to start honing my skills at the range. I have a 44 mag lever gun I have been shooting but this costs too much.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I never thought a whole lot of the Ruger 10-22 but I bought the take down Model and it’s surprisingly accurate. Good luck with whatever you pick!

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,450 Posts
Ruger 10/22

Enormous aftermarket support.
Do not use aftermarket magazines (Bear Creek) the rifles prefer OEM.

Reactions: SaltyDog72

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
10-22 covers lots of bases and its proven. Should be plenty of used ones out there, too.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Not really going to answer your question..

But I bought a mossberg plinkster for my nephew and I'll be damned that thing could give a mouse an enema at 100yds. Surprising is an understatement.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
One more vote for the Ruger 10-22.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Had a marlin model 60 a long time ago, great rifle, foolishly sold it long ago. Recently did some trading and got an old squires Bingham rifle. Lot of fun, more accurate than me 😂

·
Registered
644 Posts
A couple of my friends told me how much they liked the 10-22 so when a co-worker told me he was selling his guns and had a 10-22 I went and had a look. Bought the 10-22 and asked what else he had. Ended up also buying a Winchester Model 190 22 caliber rife that I like WAY more than the 10-22. The 10-22 jams periodically and the Winchester is incredibility accurate.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
457 is a bolt rifle and it will make a 1/4” hole with the right ammo at 50 yards. I have a tricked out 10/22 thats very lightweight and it pulls 1/3 inch at 50 yards. Both love the same match ammo. I prefer the 457.

·
Registered
14,266 Posts

But I bought a mossberg plinkster for my nephew and I'll be damned that thing could give a mouse an enema at 100yds. Surprising is an understatement.
Ain't it the truth. And they practically give them away. Take care. Tom Worthington

·
Gremlin Hunter
3,845 Posts
As others have said. Ruger 10/22

·
Registered
5,909 Posts

If it’s anything like the mossberg 715T, I wouldn’t take another if it were free.
I bought one many years back. Biggest pile of shit I blew money on. I gave it to a buddy of mine and felt bad doing so.

Now the S&W 15-22, that’s a reliable tack driver. I have 3 of those. Also have 2 10-22’s. One has the archangel kit and the other is just a regular rifle. Love both of those.

·
Registered
41,258 Posts
I actually found an autoloader for 10-22 magazines. Now I just have to find a mag, LOL. They are pretty much the number 1.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
My Ruger 10/22 is solid but I really like my Remington 241. I also like Model 552, it handles 22 short, long and long rifle cartridges.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If you want to spend some bucks buy an H&K Model 270 if you can find one. Mine is a bit ammo sensitive but it will probably outshoot dang near anything I own. Problem is you can't get parts anymore.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm partial to Ruger as well and bought the 10/22. But I was looking for something more of a target rifle. So I got to looking into the Ruger Precision Rimfire rifle. They are a bolt action gun. I was so impressed with it, I bought 2 of them for me and my wife. She loves hers as well.

TS1955

1 - 20 of 45 Posts