Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok got two sets of BF Goodrich drag radials same exact size and one set is wearing really fast. I was just working on my supension to get some more traction/tranfer and noticed the tires look like hell! The 1st set I bought were made in 2009 and work great and I used them last spring on my other car. The 2nd set I got this year are 2012 and looked like they were wearing funny after the 1st drive and have never had good traction. Neither tire has ever had even a light spin before a run, never been burnt out at all! They have been used on the street 100% and the new set has about the same time/miles or less than the old set, about a month of weekend driving and passes. The only difference is the new set has always spun some in 1st and was driven on the e-way 70mph a few times for 10-15 mins. Also the new set is on a low powered car and the old set is used on a car with over 100hp more. Good set(top pic) 20lbs, Bad set(bottom pic) 18lbs.

WTF is going on? New set won't last the summer at this rate! If they aren't toasted already.

·
Registered
639 Posts
car is spinning= feathering and wearing out the tires.. if you want them to last either don't drive or be easier with the skinny peddle..

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I 1st drove the new set the tires looked worse than the old set and that 1st drive was just a normal drive so I could re-torque the new wheels and no launches or spinning. I'm sure spinning is part of it but the old set took me a few before I got the air to where I wanted it and they sometimes spin some still. I had been meaning to mess with the suspension, but we aren't talking tons of passes maybe 30 or less and maybe 250 miles. I have just drove the car out to a spot and done a few test passes here and there while trying to get other problems with the car worked out. Finally got it running better and was gonna try and get rid of the light spin and turn it more into a chirp. I'm use to walking out street tires and other drag tires so I know I'm not just smoking the tires.

Well in a few days I'll know weather my traction efforts have paid off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts