Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I doubt that there will be a U.S. Nationals this year and am predicting that they will curtail Mello Yellow events, as well as Lucas Oil races later in the summer. The virus has not evolved as the experts have predicted. They envisioned that the number of cases would spike in early summer then decline rapidly back to a zero, or near zero, throughout the summer. Well the virus is not receding as predicted and several states are facing crisis situations, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California to name a few.
Several experts are now saying that there may not be an NFL season this year and that, for one thing will affect all other professional sports including NHRA Drag Racing.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Am not sure that NHRA will be able to survive without spectator ticket sales, racer fees, Nitro Mall sales, vendor fees, etc., etc. They have an enormous amount of fixed expenses that must be covered. Who knows though, maybe they have some sort of insurance policy in force that covers this type of business interruption . . . . . . . .

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I doubt that there will be a U.S. Nationals this year and am predicting that they will curtail Mello Yellow events, as well as Lucas Oil races later in the summer. The virus has not evolved as the experts have predicted. They envisioned that the number of cases would spike in early summer then decline rapidly back to a zero, or near zero, throughout the summer. Well the virus is not receding as predicted and several states are facing crisis situations, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California to name a few.
Several experts are now saying that there may not be an NFL season this year and that, for one thing will affect all other professional sports including NHRA Drag Racing.

Which "experts" predicted that this was going to disappear in the Summer? I never heard that.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Which "experts" predicted that this was going to disappear in the Summer? I never heard that.
RE: NHRA future - just my personal prediction. . . . . . . . .
Several NFL newscasters have expressed concerns that there may not be an NFL season this year. You have heard it now.

·
Registered
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A friend bought 5 tickets for Ind Friday and Saturday online recently. They did not tell him he could buy at the track or not.
I wonder how many their letting in?? 5000 ?????? My son bought tickets for the 4 wide before the virus happened?? I also am getting tickets for Maple Grove. Over 10 of us are going but don't know what the seating arrangements are/???

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
RE: NHRA future - just my personal prediction. . . . . . . . .
Several NFL newscasters have expressed concerns that there may not be an NFL season this year. You have heard it now.

To the best of my knowledge, NFL newscasters are not experts on this subject. So I wouldn't rely on their opinion. However, actual experts are saying the virus could be much worse in the fall, so I guess we will see what happens.

Not only did I not hear any actual experts say the virus would go away in the summer, I heard several experts say that there was no indication that the virus would be any less contagious or dangerous in the summer. It's not a seasonal virus. It isn't the flu or a cold.

Now, with the way things are going, I have serious doubt that there will be any professional racing this year. I can't see there being any races in Florida, Texas or California, at a minimum. We'll just have to wait and see if they actually race next weekend, then see what happens next.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Personally, I’ll never go to another NHRA National type event. Been there n done that. Done. I just hope my local track 55 mins away survives this current crisis. This 2020 season has already taken a toll on our groups scheduled Stick season n it’s been a struggle so far to get motivated with getting my car going. But my car has been ready to go for over 2 months n I’m just not feeling it yet for some reason. NHRA unlike Napcar needs fans in the seats with their TV deal, IMHO. Guess we’ll see what happens?!?!.....

·
Registered
11,038 Posts
I was watching a live feed from Sonoma Raceway in "hard hit by resurging Covid-19 California" and cars are running there...albeit only to half track.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Rumors all over FB that JFR has informed all his employees that they are done and closing down for the year. No JFR cars will not be good for NHRA

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Odd that you can't be a spectator at Mason Dixon in Md. but you can be at Cecil County Md.????
Probable the local government. They are not letting fans in at MDIR either at larger events. However some of the smaller events they let spectators enter a (non judged) car show to get in and can bring up to 9 people with them as crew.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Rumors all over FB that JFR has informed all his employees that they are done and closing down for the year. No JFR cars will not be good for NHRA
Well, I would take that to mean one of two things. Either most, or all, of Force's sponsors told him there won't be any more money this year, or the NHRA told him there probably won't be any races this year. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like spectators will be allowed at most of the remaining races. Seatle was already cancelled. It looks highly unlikely that spectators will be allowed at any races in Florida, Texas or California. Indiana has halted their reopening. So, I don't think spectators will be allowed at the first two races. If the NHRA needs spectators in the stands, I don't see how they'll be able to have a season.

Now, I wonder if they could substitute ticket money for NHRA.TV subscriptions? If they could raise revenue that way, maybe it could be salvaged. However, I doubt that would be possible, at this point. It looks like the "Pro" season is over.

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Well, I would take that to mean one of two things. Either most, or all, of Force's sponsors told him there won't be any more money this year, or the NHRA told him there probably won't be any races this year. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like spectators will be allowed at most of the remaining races. Seatle was already cancelled. It looks highly unlikely that spectators will be allowed at any races in Florida, Texas or California. Indiana has halted their reopening. So, I don't think spectators will be allowed at the first two races. If the NHRA needs spectators in the stands, I don't see how they'll be able to have a season.

Now, I wonder if they could substitute ticket money for NHRA.TV subscriptions? If they could raise revenue that way, maybe it could be salvaged. However, I doubt that would be possible, at this point. It looks like the "Pro" season is over.
I have to agree with you. And what everyone is forgetting, is sponsors are hurting bad also. May not be any $’s next year.

·
Registered
16,243 Posts
I know I started hearing on the news about 2 months ago or so (think it was Fauci and local DR's on local news also) said that the "summer heat " makes it hard for the virus (all viruses ) to survive so the Covid #'s will go way down, BUT expect it will return come fall . I guess they were wrong, I dont hear them talk about that anymore

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
nothing, from the looks of it the season will be cancelled, Forces group is out, thats half the fan base

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
I know I started hearing on the news about 2 months ago or so (think it was Fauci and local DR's on local news also) said that the "summer heat " makes it hard for the virus (all viruses ) to survive so the Covid #'s will go way down, BUT expect it will return come fall . I guess they were wrong, I dont hear them talk about that anymore
I'm pretty sure Fauci never said that. In March he said it's unlikely that the summer would slow it down. In order to think that summer would slow it down, then there would have to have been almost no Covid in warm climate areas. I heard some people saying that, including the President, but none of them were experts on this subject. It doesn't really matter now, because we are where we are. I was looking forward to Indy, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year (hopefully).

·
Registered
16,243 Posts
I'm pretty sure Fauci never said that. In March he said it's unlikely that the summer would slow it down. In order to think that summer would slow it down, then there would have to have been almost no Covid in warm climate areas. I heard some people saying that, including the President, but none of them were experts on this subject. It doesn't really matter now, because we are where we are. I was looking forward to Indy, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year (hopefully).
not getting into this in this section....... Fauci in fact said it. Google "did Fauci summer heat would kill Covid" or google " Fauci and Steph Curry conversation".

21 - 40 of 61 Posts