Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent my renewal in for National Dragster about a month and a half ago and haven't received or heard a thing. I called them but get a recording that claims things are basically shut down for now and it could take two more months to get the National Dragster.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You can walk in the offices at Indy and walk around never see anybody....or so I've been told.
rumor has it nhra is broke,poor management and salaries way to big for what they do.filing chapter something going forward is probably only way out.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
Wow. They were bailing the grass last race 2weeks ago. Probably gave it away to get rid of it. No way they would have ever got parking area good enough without bailing.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
NHRA is obviously in a financial pickle, just like many other businesses during this crisis. They are paying all management and staff salaries, as well as the Safety Safari personnel. They have relatively little money coming in now, other than membership fees, Museum income and maybe some trinkets they sell on-line. We can only hope that they are able to survive until things get back to normal.

Reactions: 1Azgerman

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
NHRA Division 3 chassis certification are going on as normal. Just got one done 2 weeks ago after the Indy bracket race and they were at the local Terre Haute Indiana drag strip that weekend too.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
No one around here has heard anything bad about NHRA status. I do know one guy that sent his license requestb in a few weeks ago. They sent it back because he made a mistake on the form. He corrected it and sent it back, but nothing since then.

·
Registered
16,410 Posts
No one around here has heard anything bad about NHRA status. I do know one guy that sent his license requestb in a few weeks ago. They sent it back because he made a mistake on the form. He corrected it and sent it back, but nothing since then.
Tell him not to hold his breath. It's not unusual for it to take over 4 weeks to get your license after sending in the application. It took over a month for when I sent my application in late January this year. I had a race and needed my license first weekend of March and had to send them an email to get a "temporary" number. I finally got the paper license 2-3 weeks later.

·
Registered
236 Posts
NHRA is obviously in a financial pickle, just like many other businesses during this crisis. They are paying all management and staff salaries, as well as the Safety Safari personnel. They have relatively little money coming in now, other than membership fees, Museum income and maybe some trinkets they sell on-line. We can only hope that they are able to survive until things get back to normal

From what I was told by a friend that visited the museum the day before the bakersfield march meet, they were the only ones in there the whole 2 hours they were there. And he had free entry as NHRA member

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,784 Posts
Tell him not to hold his breath. It's not unusual for it to take over 4 weeks to get your license after sending in the application. It took over a month for when I sent my application in late January this year. I had a race and needed my license first weekend of March and had to send them an email to get a "temporary" number. I finally got the paper license 2-3 weeks later.
Yes, you can get a temporary license to use until yours shows up, many of us have done that.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,784 Posts
Do they still honor IHRA licenses?
I wouldn't hold my breath for that! I know IHRA did honor NHRA licenses, but not sure about vice-versa.
NHRA is a total money-grab, plus if I remember right, they would require a license at a certain speed/et where IHRA did not, that was one of their reasons back then for not honoring them, claiming IHRA was too lenient........
I still have my NHRA license though I slow the car down for 10.00 racing, my trans case is out of date and I don't feel like removing it and gutting it to get it recertified. My flexplate is out of date, cage is also a year out. I do wear my 5 layer suit though no matter what I am racing, it is a Sparco, very comfy, very light, and not that hot.

·
Registered
34,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I wonder how they are going to handle spectators at the U.S. Nationals. Do you have to buy tickets before the race??

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
A friend bought 5 tickets for Ind Friday and Saturday online recently. They did not tell him he could buy at the track or not.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts