Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a few race cars with coil over susp. What are some of you guys running? and how well does it work? anyone running a coil spring and shocks anymore? what kind? I have a built rear, anti roll, adj. upper and lower control arms, it has eibach springs that sit to damn low. I have 28s on the car and they rub a little.. Post pics and or vids if you have them. Thanks guys

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts
I can't say about my new setup; it is all Dave Zimmerman's stuff. My old car in my avatar was Eibach drag springs with Lakewoods 70/30 in front and 50/50's in the rear. I had stock uppers and Southside lowers. It sixtied a best of 1.31 with the stock T-5 and no power adder. I am hoping to do much better with the coilovers (Santhuff) and Dave's stuff. Oh, and about 1,000 more hp. lol James

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't say about my new setup; it is all Dave Zimmerman's stuff. My old car in my avatar was Eibach drag springs with Lakewoods 70/30 in front and 50/50's in the rear. I had stock uppers and Southside lowers. It sixtied a best of 1.31 with the stock T-5 and no power adder. I am hoping to do much better with the coilovers (Santhuff) and Dave's stuff. Oh, and about 1,000 more hp. lol James
Very nice! you run the bag or anti roll bar?

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,827 Posts
I had air bags and stock antisway bar, no antiroll bar.
thats moving and damn good for what you had and what it was..

mustang im doing now will have

Rear
upr adj uppers and lower
high mile v8 springs
strange singles
anti roll probley team z's

front is the normal stuff
12" 150# springs/ strange coil overs
aje k-member
strange shocks
adj lower arms from where ever i find the best deal when i got the money..stockers right now.

car will only have around 750-800hp to start off and be set up for x275..2800#s

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts
thats moving and damn good for what you had and what it was..

mustang im doing now will have

Rear
upr adj uppers and lower
high mile v8 springs
strange singles
anti roll probley team z's

front is the normal stuff
12" 150# springs/ strange coil overs
aje k-member
strange shocks
adj lower arms from where ever i find the best deal when i got the money..stockers right now.

car will only have around 750-800hp to start off and be set up for x275..2800#s
Car only weighed about 2850. Ran pretty damn good considering the pos tranny and the engine was setup for spray. I think it says alot for how great the fox body suspensions are for drag racing. James

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts
Probably around 550 or so.

·
Gas Passer
4,977 Posts
I built an engine for a friend that should make 630 or so on pump gas (420 with hi ports) and I think he will sixty better than I did. I have told him many times the t-5 probably won't hold up for too long, but he doesn't seem to want to fork over the money for a Tremec. Guess he won't have much of a choice once the t-5 gives up the ghost. lol James

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you have a ARB then no you don't need the bags...

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have upr double anti rollbar, upper and lowers. my 28 would rub bad so i installed upr adjustible spring purch and use a coil over spring and works great on 3500lb car

1 - 20 of 47 Posts