Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Haven't had waffles in a LONG time. Did a quick troll through the downtown thrift stores, and here's a nice "nearly like new" waffle iron for 8 bucks. This is "senior" day, so out the door, about 7 bucks with tax

The "junk" in the photo is dust and loose ?? on the griddle. These reverse, so the other side makes a flat smooth griddle.

What do ya use for coating? Butter, oil, "spray?" etc? Do you need to "season" these? They appear to be coated, not sure

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,678 Posts
Nice score man. The church out here as thrift stores all over the place and you find some great deals. My days off of work are Monday and Tuesday so I'll hit up 3 or 4 of these places with in 20 miles just to score a good find.

Dang it now Breakfast sounds great....lol

·
Registered
11,162 Posts
Find a can of the cinnamon buns in the dairy department......spray your iron with Pam , stick one of the raw cinnamon bun circles into each square of the waffle iron and close .

What comes out is a waffle size cinnamon bun flavored waffle......you will need to make more glaze.

·
Registered
21,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, "back from lunch." Bacon and eggs, and waffles. "They were fair" for a first try. I used bisquick which I've always used, but I used powdered milk. Right in the middle of dumping in the water (for the milk) I realized "I forgot" I was trying to make a 1/2 batch. So I got about 1/2 again too much water.

They were OK. Do better next time.

"This first try" I used olive oil. That seemed OK. I'll try the Pam next time.

I wanted the meal HOT so I didn't stop to take pictures LOL

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.