Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'd probably leave the jetting as it is and sneak a degree of timing in it and see if it picks up.I put a degree in mine last Sat and it picked up a tenth.
only do that if it's humid. it was very humid here last sat. your best bet is leave timing and jetting alone and take a little fuel pressure out of it. when its hot there is less oxygen in the air to burn so you need less fuel. try a 1/4lb check plugs and mph. depending on how hot it is probably take a 1/2lb away.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Fuel is the power, I wouldn`t take it away to clean it up.Just add more to the spread, ie: you run a 4 spread make it a 5 spread to clean it up.When there is less o2 in the air, put your own o2 in the engine.My .02.
yes fuel is power. ive done it both ways and found the same results. last fri at mir we were down 4 mph. car usually runs 178mph on 1 system. last fri it went 174 i took 1/2lb away and next pass 177.9mph and plug was back to perfect. either way will give you the same results but taking some fuel psi away takes alot less time than changing jets. plus i like keeping my tuneups consistent and tuning with fuel pressure. it's all in personal preference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts