Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this topic was talked about a while back but i have a real life scenario. A guy buys a Can Am atv new from the dealership. he has it a couple months takes it to an aftermarket shop has $7600 dollars in upgrades done. its time for its first service so he picks it up from the aftermarket shop takes it straight to the dealer he bought it from for the service. the dealer parks it inside the service dept and that night they are broke in to and a new unit still in the crate, a new unit assembled and this guys is stolen. who is responsible for the replacement of this guys ATV?

in the previous thread some said the owners insurance.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,162 Posts
He turns it in to his insurance company and they go after the dealers insurance company.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,184 Posts
WELL IT DAMN SURE ISN'T HIS ....IT'S THE SHOP IT CURRENTLY RESIDES...IN MY OPINION....DIDN'T WE JUST HAVE THIS CONV....ABOUT A DEALERSHIP.....

·
YB Managing Editor
51,162 Posts
WELL IT DAMN SURE ISN'T HIS ....IT'S THE SHOP IT CURRENTLY RESIDES...IN MY OPINION....DIDN'T WE JUST HAVE THIS CONV....ABOUT A DEALERSHIP.....
Yes the dealers insurance will probably be the one that pays in the end but that's the way he'll have to work it.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
81,184 Posts
Yes the dealers insurance will probably be the one that pays in the end but that's the way he'll have to work it.
Posted via Mobile Device
SO HE WILL HAVE TO PAY HIGHER PREMIUMS....BECAUSE SOMEBODY'S SHOP GOT BROKEN INTO?....REMEMBER....WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN ATV....

·
RED ROCKET
8,633 Posts
morally, the dealer should be responsible...but in todays world, people dont do whats right if they can get away with it.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
SO HE WILL HAVE TO PAY HIGHER PREMIUMS....BECAUSE SOMEBODY'S SHOP GOT BROKEN INTO?....REMEMBER....WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN ATV....

he probably won't get nailed on a rate increase as IF it was inside and under the dealers care, they'll get the dealer's insurance to pay..
sounds pretty cut and dried..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts