Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just had my buddys heads flowed and kinda disappointed in the flow numbers and was wondering what a brodix -10 with 2.055 valves should flow around? these flowed 260s @800 and have had some port work done. does this sound right?

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Weren't those the heads that were very similar to the Pontiac 867's? If so with a 2.08 intake valve I've seen a few of those in the 320 range @ .700

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I cant seem to find any info on them. i know there old but they looked like a decent head and had t&d shaft rockers on them. these WAS going on a 427 but they wont get shit done on that motor! maybe a 327..lol

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I got a set of either 11 or 12's laying around im looking to sell and im sure they flow a ton more than that.

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,784 Posts
the raised runner ones are like the pontiac 867's..

now with that i had a set of -10s worked over and where around 325 or 330cfm if i remember right..my current ones flow 280-290cfm but im not sure what bore that was done with..i would have to ask mike jakez28 on here..but with that being said mine also had down nozzles in them org and they where filled but it was never smoothed really or blended in so im 100% postive that is hurting flow also..i would probley say with that cleaned up and corrected these would be in the 310cfm range with just that fix.

factory from brodix they are a 260cfm head at .600 lift if i remember correctly..

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the raised runner ones are like the pontiac 867's..

now with that i had a set of -10s worked over and where around 325 or 330cfm if i remember right..my current ones flow 280-290cfm but im not sure what bore that was done with..i would have to ask mike jakez28 on here..but with that being said mine also had down nozzles in them org and they where filled but it was never smoothed really or blended in so im 100% postive that is hurting flow also..i would probley say with that cleaned up and corrected these would be in the 310cfm range with just that fix.

factory from brodix they are a 260cfm head at .600 lift if i remember correctly..
head porter said the most would be 280 or so with some work but the valve size is killing it and the size of the intake runner. what is a good set of these worth with t&d shaft rockers

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,784 Posts
head porter said the most would be 280 or so with some work but the valve size is killing it and the size of the intake runner. what is a good set of these worth with t&d shaft rockers
my old ones had 2.08/1.60 valves an where not the raised runner ones..had flow sheet on them but this was 7yr ago now so my memory is a tad ruff on full detailed numbers.

my current ones have the same size valves as my old ones..my current ones i just picked up dirt cheap with manely valves,nextek springs,arp rocker studs,guide plates and 15 tit retianers for 350$ shipped.. < but that was a steal

also have a set of -8s that are blown up well one is and i bought them complete with manely valves,steal retianers and hyd roller springs for 350$..< i was told these flow 315cfm an came off a ex imca/open wheel modifed car with 6 or 8 track championships to it.

what will kill your head price will be your flow numbers..people are going to shy away from them because of them being a so called ported head and only doing that numbers stockers do

how much you want for the shafts though and what ratio are they?

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
my old ones had 2.08/1.60 valves an where not the raised runner ones..had flow sheet on them but this was 7yr ago now so my memory is a tad ruff on full detailed numbers.

my current ones have the same size valves as my old ones..my current ones i just picked up dirt cheap with manely valves,nextek springs,arp rocker studs,guide plates and 15 tit retianers for 350$ shipped.. < but that was a steal

also have a set of -8s that are blown up well one is and i bought them complete with manely valves,steal retianers and hyd roller springs for 350$..< i was told these flow 315cfm an came off a ex imca/open wheel modifed car with 6 or 8 track championships to it.

what will kill your head price will be your flow numbers..people are going to shy away from them because of them being a so called ported head and only doing that numbers stockers do

how much you want for the shafts though and what ratio are they?
i really would like to get 800 out of it all.

·
The X-Bomb
4,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn they sold fast! maybe i should have posted them for more..lol...got 800 out of em. cant complain my buddy made 200 on that deal, lol

·
Registered
269 Posts
have a set on my bench right now that flow 312cfm @800

1 - 20 of 22 Posts