Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what is considered high. in the process of redoing turbo setup and considering a water/air like a small precision 1000. car is blow thru and no more than 20lbs boost. i have ran accidentally 40lbs and didnt have any detonation ect. do not know what IAT was. i know the renegade guys dont run them and i would rather not have to bring a bunch of ice to the track ect

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
i like mine to be below outside temp the entire run. Start in the 40s and end up in the 90s on must 1/4 mile run

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok what would it be without the cooler?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Ok what would it be without the cooler?
This past weekend at 40 psi it was about 220 degrees, which for me is good.

Blessings..........Ron

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I see that mine takes a 100* or a little more out of mine at the end of a run when you get the cooler up to outside temp . at the front of the run i have my cooler cold soaked so you are not seeing really wht the cooler is doing. The next cooler i do will have a bung to see the inlet temp. In the 1/8 mine will be like still in the 60s

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was running a YSI non intercooled on c16 seeing about 230 in the 1/4 with no issues.
nice. i figured its leaving power on the table but it beats hauling all the ice. tj/tom kasper outlaw 10.5 cars has 3 biiiigggg coolers full for each car and id rather not lol

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Have you thought of running E-85? Curious if that would help with an "intercooling" effect from the Ethanol.

Paul

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cant in x275 gas only otherwise i would

·
Registered
395 Posts
i ran mine without an intercooler a few weekends and it would start out in the 150 degree range and max the sensor out at 255 2 seconds into the run @ 20 psi on a s488 with race cover by forced inductions. 90+ ambient. With a large ebay a/w, i could start out at 80 and pick up 100 degrees in a run. Mine is efi though, I going back with an ais meth kit on mine instead of an intercooler.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
This past weekend at 40 psi it was about 220 degrees, which for me is good.

Blessings..........Ron
is this on gas ron?? c-16 or alky?? i have run them @290-300 degrees without detonation..... but how hot can you go before you run into problems???

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Hate to answer the question in the title with another question but... How much power are you willing to sacrifice?

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
is this on gas ron?? c-16 or alky?? i have run them @290-300 degrees without detonation..... but how hot can you go before you run into problems???
I run C-16 gas.

In the past I have seen as high as 290+ intake temps.

If your allowed to run the VP Import gas, it's the best gas out there for high intake heat loads. But it's very pricey. I've run it and it's good stuff. But I now back to the C-16 and lower intake temps.

You can make more power with a intercooler application. But you also have to carry the weight. But if you do your home work, you can make some serious power without one. My motor makes enough power to put it in the 6.20's. But we have slowed our class down to 6.60 index so no need to push it for budget reasons.

Blessings.........Ron

1 - 16 of 16 Posts