Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New. Needs to be long enough for a full size single cab short bed truck with a 16" wing and a golf cart. Would 15-20k be enough for a fully optioned deal (winch, bench, cabinets, interior/exterior lights, geny, nice floor, extended ramp/door, outlets, and anything else I'm forgetting, the works).....

I'm thinking 32-34'. I've tried pricing these around with options and my face ends up exploding before I can make any decisions or get to any final numbers. I'm in Houston, Tx so I would like to buy local if I could.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Used - yes
New - no

What you spec'd is around $30k

My GN is 34' (26' on the floor). I have a G body and I might be able to sneak a golf cart in and my cabinets are on the side. If I had a 36' (28' on the floor) no problem. The deal I got on it, I couldn't pass it up.

I would look into getting something 36' or longer.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Embalmer
1,335 Posts
I spec'd out my 42ft Vintage GN they way I wanted it for just under 25K..

6k triple axles.
8-lug alum wheels.
Smooth Sides inside and out.
Biggest GEN door avail.
Hydraulic landing gear.
Extra lights.
Diamond Plate Floor..
Double 30"(60" side door)

And a few other perks..

DS

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I spec'd out my 38' Vintage much like the one above except with a tapered nose and 12" extra height and it was just over 21k.

·
Registered
720 Posts
If you keep an eye out you can find a nice used one with what your wanting in your price range.

I got a used 2007 36' United (28' on floor) in very good condition last fall for $10,500. Has cabinets, winch, finished floor and walls, 3 x 6K# axles.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I spec'd out my 42ft Vintage GN they way I wanted it for just under 25K..

6k triple axles.
8-lug alum wheels.
Smooth Sides inside and out.
Biggest GEN door avail.
Hydraulic landing gear.
Extra lights.
Diamond Plate Floor..
Double 30"(60" side door)

And a few other perks..

DS
How does the SRW truck handle the trailer?

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Embalmer
1,335 Posts
Truck actually drives better with the trailer on it then not... I am not kidding....

Truck does great.. Stops awesome.. Pulls Awesome... Don't even know its back there really..

Trailer is 8k. 2600k car 1k gear and a 600lb quad...

The triple 6k axle setup with the larger wheels and heavier rated tires was the best way to go. No issues..

DS

·
Registered
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My interest in getting one new would be financing. I don't have 20k in cash that I can straight up spend on a trailer and while much cheaper, I'm not sure how financing a used trailer would work or if anyone even does that. I also, I'm not real interested in paying for someone else's much needed maintenance. I really don't have the room to refurb a trailer at the moment.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
When you get a used one it will have usually all the extra hangers, maybe a winch, maybe a generator and a bunch of stuff you don't think of when you spec a new one. I had all that in our Pace we sold and didn't realize how much we had added till we got the new one.

·
Registered
203 Posts
its simple time is money. add ons you install saves some money but cost you time. youll be doing some add on's plan on it. buy a used trailer do some maint, cost you time but saves you money. good used trailer are out there!! its all about choices, time and money your willing to spend.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
That looks like a pretty good deal. Should give you about 26' of floor for your car and golf cart. Only thing I would do different is mount the cabinets on the road side for 2' more floor.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts