Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
What crack pipe? they barely got 16 just this weekend lol.

The problem with you, your clueless, which is why I had you on ignore. Traveling for "non pro teams" is probably the biggest hurdle in drag racing and NHRA chose to ignore it.
Look at the 100,000 dollar race where teams were paid to show up and turned it down and teams were given free entry and chose to stay home. Vegas this weekend, points were locked up, why the fuck would they travel.

Like I said, you'll have your core teams... and then you'll get local heros.
I kind of agree. NHRA will find out soon enough you just can't put fucking certain classes at certain races because you feel like it. Wish them well.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Off topic for BACarty but did you hear Wes is planning on moving the WSOPM to another track since NHRA took Denver? Hopefully he comes more east and we get our wish of the actual World Series and not a race nobody wants to go to.
It would be St. Louis more than likely. Oops nobody wants to go there either.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Yeah put down the crack pipe. Just because you don't like the schedule means nothing.
What crack pipe? they barely got 16 just this weekend lol.

The problem with you, your clueless, which is why I had you on ignore. Traveling for "non pro teams" is probably the biggest hurdle in drag racing and NHRA chose to ignore it.
Look at the 100,000 dollar race where teams were paid to show up and turned it down and teams were given free entry and chose to stay home. Vegas this weekend, points were locked up, why the fuck would they travel.

Like I said, you'll have your core teams... and then you'll get local heros.
Like I said put down the crack pipe. Pro mod is not going anywhere and now that they let the 959 nitrous motor's and pro chargers in, it will only increase the car counts. The race at Denver should have had the rules adjusted for turbo cars and I'm sure all the teams would have showed up, you can't have 1 combo dominant and expect the other combos to show up and hope they get lucky.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Like I said put down the crack pipe. Pro mod is not going anywhere and now that they let the 959 nitrous motor's and pro chargers in, it will only increase the car counts. The race at Denver should have had the rules adjusted for turbo cars and I'm sure all the teams would have showed up, you can't have 1 combo dominant and expect the other combos to show up and hope they get lucky.
You fucking idiot.
No one said pro mod was going any where.
What I said was the East coast stuff with have a great car count
The west coast, terrible location places will have terrible car counts filled with the 8-10 travel guys and 6-8 local warriors.

·
OL 10.5 TTF
11,875 Posts
Virginia.

Should be a no doubt about it, no brainer, fall race, 1/4 in Virginia would absolutely shake the pro mod world up.
Maple Grove, Norwalk, MIR. 100K on the line and those places would be packed. VMP as well, but there's enough Pro Mod races there.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
You fucking idiot.
No one said pro mod was going any where.
What I said was the East coast stuff with have a great car count
The west coast, terrible location places will have terrible car counts filled with the 8-10 travel guys and 6-8 local warriors.

Quit being a douche bag, just because your broke ass can't afford to travel to a race out west, doesn't mean the team's that actually race the class won't travel to race.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Quit being a douche bag, just because your broke ass can't afford to travel to a race out west, doesn't mean the team's that actually race the class won't travel to race.
Explain why Gainesville had 29 entries(beginning of the year) Carolina has 22 cars(3/4 of the way through the year) and Vegas had 17?

Explain why NEOPMA gets 10-14 cars for 4,000 dollars and Denver got 11 cars for 100,000 dollars.

I don't go out for racing because it blows out there. I'll be in Tahoe this year(as I do every year) And I'll be in LA again this year(as I do almost every year) but to travel that far, and pay that much to see less cars than a local race is assanine.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I dont wanna get in you alls argument, but I will say this, Jose and Sidei weren't there because they both had personal issues. Rick horde crashed and will be back. Chad Green was there walking around and said he would have been there. Rickie had his sponsor issues. I get the field was a little short, but the sky is not falling.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I dont wanna get in you alls argument, but I will say this, Jose and Sidei weren't there because they both had personal issues. Rick horde crashed and will be back. Chad Green was there walking around and said he would have been there. Rickie had his sponsor issues. I get the field was a little short, but the sky is not falling.
Good to have real info :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Thank you for some common sense, it tends to ellude some around here.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
I don't think the sky is falling, if anything it backs up my point.
What kinda "reserves" are you gonna have in the middle of Vegas in short notice. Next to none.
How many you gonna have on the east coast. A hell of a lot more.

·
Banned
9,322 Posts
We lost Ray, Enders, Caruso, Hord, and Green from crashes/fire this season. Losing 5 cars in a season is probably a record in itself.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Would have lost tutterow for half the season if castellana hadn't luckily had a spare car.

·
Banned
9,322 Posts
Castellana and Whiteley too if they didn't have their old cars. Funny how the Castellana/Tutterow crashes worked out. Castellana crashes and goes back to his old trusty, gets the new one fixed and Tutterow crashes just as the new car gets fixed and takes it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It is odd how it worked out. To me it makes it more impressive that tutterow had such a great car, wrecked it, and took another car and made it a contender while finishing 2nd in points. Wonder what would have been if he had kept the 68 in 1peice

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
We lost Ray, Enders, Caruso, Hord, and Green from crashes/fire this season. Losing 5 cars in a season is probably a record in itself.
Harry parked his car after the boost reduction so that's more 9 cars that would have been in Vegas in a ''normal'' year Not sure how many local guys will jump thru all the hoops to be 100% NHRA legal It will be interesting how many PDRA nitrous guys test the waters

21 - 40 of 45 Posts