Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the combo, what do you think? I know the downfalls in the combo for what I want to do with it, but as it sits, what do you guys predict?

360 smallblock chrysler stock stroke .030" over KB pistons
IMM prepped RHS iron heads flow peaks 271 at 550" on the int, 190 at 550" exh
Bullet hydraulic roller cam 243/251 at .50 duration, lift is 562/562 on a 109 LSA with 4 degrees advance ground in on a 1.5 rocker (not sure if i should step up to the 1.6 and getting 600/600 out of it). Exh lobe is considering light nitrous use in the future as well
Was told rpm range would be 1500-6200, but possibly higher?

Edelbrock RPM air gap port matched with a Holley 750HP on top
1-5/8" headers into a 3" exhaust with Borla race mufflers and x pipe

The car weighs 3400lbs with me in it and is getting a dana with 4.10 gears
Car has a 28x12.5 ET street bias ply and has the full caltrac setup out back, with calvert 90/10's up front, 6cyl torsion bars and adjustable upper control arms

Transmission is a a chrysler 4 speed 2.66 first transmission with a centerforce dual friction clutch and a v-gate shifter with two step (hopefully will help with consistency some and not missing gears)...Im a pretty good driver and at the track the gas will be matted 110% of the time

lets hear it! hopefully my hopes for it are close to what it should run

·
Rippin' Gears!
2,846 Posts
Ought to break into the tens, with some serious rowin'. Be nice to have a size bigger headers(1 3/4")? Also, somthing I remember,
but never see, or hear of anymore-what about a rev kit? Damn hyd rollers are heavy. Shift that sucka @ 6800-7000...
Oh yeah what do you figure the comp. ratio is? Be some serious fun. Like I always say, cheaper than a therapist.lmao

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I forgot to include its going to be about 10.5:1 with about .040" quench
my biggest hindrance will be the 4.10 gears with a stick, i dont have the torque multiplication of a converter

·
Rippin' Gears!
2,846 Posts
Never tried a v-gate. But if it'll rpm, an '88, or even a 5:13 will help. Oh yeah then more tire, a little more compression, more...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
11.40's.....Good street combo! you don't want to over rev a hydraulic cam,so keep it in range, you'll do better with a solid flat tapped mopar .590 solid, it'll help with rpm range & power! 4.88 gears would be better for your combo! right now your gonna have to shift right when it wants to start working! it's gonna kill some power!

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Mid 11's, needs 1 3/4 headers and more gear.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, this has now become useless since i just sprung for a 408 rotating assembly...145 bucks more than what i was already spending for almost 50 more cubes...I was hoping before to hit a high 11, now mid 11's should hopefully be a gurantee, low 11's a plus!

·
Registered
326 Posts
I would say 12.30 just being honest. It takes more than what you think to run elevens. The car is to heavy and not enough power to get it there.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
you should be there i am 11.8's with a 340 in my scamp.
Im hoping to dip into the mid 11's with the stroker as I will be recamming it as per the the new displacement

1 - 16 of 16 Posts