Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I am going to get my latest car acquisition on the dyno and then the following weekend we will be taking it down to the track for some 1/4 mile runs..

We will be checking the a/f ratio, timing, etc on the dyno.

Any guesses on to what it will put down and also run at the track? :cool:

Specs..

1970 Dodge Charger R/T 440

Engine:

.40 over 440 with 8.25:1 JE pistons
Stock 440 Crank
906 steel heads all ported and polished
Roller cam (.503 lift .300 duration on a 114 lsa
Weiand 6-71 blower, 12% over driven- approx 12 psi
Dual 780 Holley carbs
Areomotive pump and regulator
Electric water pump
2" hooker headers
Mallory Hellfire 6al ignition with limiter set at 6500

727 trans w/ reverse manual valve body
3800 stall
8 3/4 rear end, 4:30 gears
Mini tubbed, running 315/ 60R 15" ET Streets out the back

Weighs around 4K lbs with the 6pt cage, etc. Full interior car minus the back seat. All steel body.

Any guesses to what it's going to put down and run? Track we race at usually is around 6500-7K density altitude. We generally run about a second slower up here than we would at sea-level.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
12.20 @ 114.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Agreed. Wings of that style look terrible on 99% of muscle cars.
Yea, I am not a wing person either but this style of rear spoiler / wing seemed to be somewhat common on some of the Mopar muscle cars in that era. So I am look into possibly having it removed and have the holes filled. Then maybe add the rear black R/T stripe that you see on a lot of the 68-70 Chargers.. Might break up all that blue somewhat..

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
680 hp 11.20s

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you need to slow the blower down. With carbs and gas that's going to build alot of heat. Looking forward to seeing it sunday.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
I think you need to slow the blower down. With carbs and gas that's going to build alot of heat. Looking forward to seeing it sunday.
Psssst 12percent is slowwwwwwww :p any slower it will be a turd

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you post this car in CFOT a few weeks ago?
Yep, I am on CF. I also have a Procharged ZO6.

It does get warm, with it being a PD blower and not being intercooled, etc, I am thinking about some options that may be out there, either meth injection, or running something other than pump gas that might help cool things down.. If there is such thing out there.

I see you live in Brighton, what is going on Sunday? Sorry, memory has been a little off lately.. lol

Psssst 12percent is slowwwwwwww :p any slower it will be a turd
Yea, plus if I throw on a larger S/C pulley it might not clear the hood where the pulley and belt come through.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, it only dynoed 510 rwhp / 490 tq on our dyno jet.. Initial timing is 14* with a total of 34.5*.. We are seeing around 12-13 psi.. A/F was right around 11.8-12.0 across the board. It does have a 3800 stall and 4.30's in the rear which might cause it not to dyno quite as high.. True test is at the track, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit disappointed.

From the previous owner it made a lot more than that, so I don't know where he is or was getting his numbers from. He thinks my numbers are way off and I de-tuned something.. I couldn't detune an engine 400 hp, so I think it just never made that much.

Will see how it does at the track in 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts