Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
yep its a BBC !!!!!
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the normal routine as I have polished my fair share of wheels, usually mothers polish and rag, sometimes one of there buff balls. But do you guys have any special tricks for wheels that are REALLY bad? Trying to do the wheels on my mothers fireturd and they have been severely neglected. Atleast 2 winters, salt, snow ect and are pretty tarnished looking. Looking for any tips or tricks. Other than that I guess I've got a good couple hours of hard work LOL.

Thanks guys, Bryan

·
Registered
234 Posts
There was a polish that a vendor at Norwalk was selling at Pinks in 2010. It was a two bottle kit one bottle polish, one bottle sealer. All I remember is that the bottles were black and around ~20 oz. and he showed it off by polishing the bottom of pop cans. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not buying it because I forgot about it later, and it seemed pretty killer! I can't remember the damn name of it!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
There was a polish that a vendor at Norwalk was selling at Pinks in 2010. It was a two bottle kit one bottle polish, one bottle sealer. All I remember is that the bottles were black and around ~20 oz. and he showed it off by polishing the bottom of pop cans. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'm really kicking myself in the ass for not buying it because I forgot about it later, and it seemed pretty killer! I can't remember the damn name of it!! :mad:
That actually wouldn't be that hard. The bottom of a can is a pretty slick surface meaning it won't take much to polish it and any alum polish will do. The rims in the OP are most likely slightly pitted and etched. Might end using some 1000+ grit wetsand paper first depending on how bad it is and what result he will be happy with.

·
Registered
234 Posts
That actually wouldn't be that hard. The bottom of a can is a pretty slick surface meaning it won't take much to polish it and any alum polish will do. The rims in the OP are most likely slightly pitted and etched. Might end using some 1000+ grit wetsand paper first depending on how bad it is and what result he will be happy with.
I understand that and that's not what impressed me, that was just what he did everytime someone would stop as his sales pitch. I watched him polish on a set of weld wheels for a guy that looked to be 15 years old and beyond help to a killer finish. I just said that hoping someone would have saw this guy doing his pitch at one of the big races he travels to. (I didn't have cash on me at the moment and he was on the oppisite side of the track from me.)

I agree once you see pitting no polish is going to help, only a refinish and polishing will be your chance to save them.

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
I used eagle one etching wheel cleaner to knock off a lot of corrosion, then 1500 grit on a set of weld draglites and they were damn near black.

·
~TweakeD~
9,107 Posts
I think we use a polish that symbol has. I use the wax and its some of the best I've ever used. I can bring you a bottle of it at Woodward so you can check it out.

·
yep its a BBC !!!!!
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There's a polished aluminum thread here already with great info. I thing I posted some of my work in it too.
Ill have to search it and check it out, thanks.

I think we use a polish that symbol has. I use the wax and its some of the best I've ever used. I can bring you a bottle of it at Woodward so you can check it out.

That would be cool, im looking forward to it.

·
Registered
9,995 Posts
Go to Lowes and buy the polish to use on Aluminum truck tool boxes,,worked great on some old wheels I had

·
Registered
368 Posts
Ive been using Lucas Metal Polish.. It worked great on my Weld Pro Stars.... Make sure the wheel isnt cold for best results...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Sounds like Master Formula Metal Gloss. You can purchase online. It's a good polish but still requires some elbow grease.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This what you are talking about? He's always at our World of Wheels.
http://www.master-formula.com/

I use this and a mother's ball and in NO time at all they look good. I haven't had a set on the race car in a while that needed polished, but used to and on my truck the fronts need it occasionally. Buddy took a set of draglites(sat outside forever, looked like they had never been polished) and within minutes he was done and back to drinking beer.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Bought the Metal Gloss at Reading last year. I was sure it was a con, but I was easy - but it is no joke! Best polish I have ever used!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts