Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just go a enclosed trailer and it had a roof leak at some point and needs new ceiling panels.
What is good to use ?
It had luan covered in a white vinyl .
I would like the white stuff that comes in most trailers ( looks like dry erase board ) but can't seem to find it .
Any other suggestions on what to use ?
Thanks Brad

·
T/S 368E
28,884 Posts

Look at some of the bathroom, kitchen paneling.
Easier to find, and you might find a close out sale??

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
When I bought my trailer new 2 years ago it had an unfinished ceiling. I insulated it putting 1" foam board insulation between the bows and got the white wall board from Home Depot and the white strips for between the panels, put aluminum angle along the edges just to make it look decent and to help hold the edges tight. Trailer sits outside year round and has been done for a year and a half and still looks as good as the day I finished it. Here's before and after pics

·
Registered
23,612 Posts
Try some FRP - Fiberglass Reinforced Panel used in Comm'l Kitchens like Dominos Pizza etc.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I bought my trailer new 2 years ago it had an unfinished ceiling. I insulated it putting 1" foam board insulation between the bows and got the white wall board from Home Depot and the white strips for between the panels, put aluminum angle along the edges just to make it look decent and to help hold the edges tight. Trailer sits outside year round and has been done for a year and a half and still looks as good as the day I finished it. Here's before and after pics

That looks good .
How does the moister affect it ?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I used white foam, then covered with alum soffit panels for the ceiling.
They come in 12' lengths, just snap together and rivet in place, nice and light too.
Goes in fast and cheap, comes in different colors too.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That looks good .
How does the moister affect it ?
It doesn't seem to affect it. It's been done for about a year and a half and in the Fall I close the trailer and don't open it til Spring with cold Winter temps and snow. I was more worried about all the flexing a trailer does, so I put a few more screws in that what I probably needed, but it still looks like the day I put it up.
I'm pretty sure this is what I used
http://www.homedepot.com/p/1-8-in-x-96-in-x-48-in-Thrifty-White-Panel-Board-709106/207127368

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm gonna be finishing the inside of a new car trailer soon. Anyone else find any good material to use for the ceiling?.... I was thinking something like the stuff they use in travel trailers

·
Registered
608 Posts
They sell 2 kinds of bright white 4 x 8 sheets at Menards. A reinforced fiberglass that is really nice or a vinyl thats pretty nice too. Not cheap either. But if you ever get a leak there is no wood to get messed up. Rec Pro sells the rolls or sheets of aluminum paneling too. They have the strips for the seams too.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
I used 1/4 inch luan and painted it white,used a piece of lattice trim on the seams.Been up there several years and still looks good.

·
Registered
10,818 Posts
I used white foam, then covered with alum soffit panels for the ceiling.
They come in 12' lengths, just snap together and rivet in place, nice and light too.
Goes in fast and cheap, comes in different colors too.

I have finished several basement ceilings this way only using vinyl soffit. Looks good , nice white finish, and if you need to get above it for anything you can just unsnap it and have access. The aluminum is nice if you do not have to get above it again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts