Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine is thinking of opening a speed shop,that also does light fab work,general repair,4x4 stuff, etc.What are some things you guys think is a must for this kind of shop to keep in stock and availible
AN fittings,fuel line etc.
Just wondering what would make people happier and might help get them in the store :confused:

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
race plugs... fuel stuff.. fittings ...race gas....nitrous... and good looking women in bikni's as parts girls

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
Try and cater to the impulsive side of racers. When I look through a speedshop catalogue, if the part was actually right in front of me, I'd buy it then and there. But, my impulse to buy from a catalogue eases when I get a minute to think. If I'm in a speedshop, the minute passes after I've already bought and left with the part.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Every single Aeroquip fitting / hose / banjo bolt / adapter / widget / etc. Some of these might gather dust, but if you get the rep for having the odd-ball stuff everyone needs at the last minute finishing a build, you'll sell the big stuff that you don't have to stock.

·
Registered
4,846 Posts
just a few parts but you kinda get the idea !!!

carb parts

AN hose and fittings

engine dress up accessories

intakes

fluids ....oil ,water and hyd oils

race fuel

drag radials and slicks

ignition parts and components

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Holley parts (everything including the little stuff)
Fuel hose/fittings
MSD distributors/coils/ignition boxes/wires
Gaskets/Timing covers
Couple popular H/FT cams (Comp XE and Voodoo)

that's a couple things that people are always needing around here in a hurry

·
Registered
764 Posts
8 track tape players, 6 volt batteries, disco balls, brylcream and any other outdated shit as most folks have been hitting the internet for their needs not the local speed shop. ( Oops forgot fart can mufflers will sell well with the import idiots)

Not all just most and that would make it hard to get the pricing right from your supplier thus no sales, no profit no business.

But one can not fault him for trying

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
As many have said, every AN fitting known to man. Plugs, oils, gaskets, etc etc. The things that guys need after they take their car apart on a Friday night to install that intake from Summit/Jegs only to realize they didnt order ______ to complete the job. Things like tall valve covers for when new roller rockers dont clear, etc etc. Try to think of every "Fuck, I need that now!" scenario you can. An SBC edelbrock performer intake will collect dust if it $1 more than Summit/Jegs and you need a pretty damn good wholesale account to compete with those prices.

·
ROLL TIDE!!!!
20,992 Posts
Nitrous, fuel, AN fittings, dzus fasteners, hoses/lines, spark plugs, plug wires, oil filters and oil, Autometer gauges. And lots of carb, intake, and exhaust gaskets!! And black and orange silicone.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts