Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone look for and how do you stage a car when your not driving but a member of the pit crew?
You know the guy that steps on the staging light and waves the car to the line.

thanks for any help

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Not sure what your asking but... My stage guy helps in the water box (gets my car to the edge of the water, right where it ends), tells me when to release my line lock in the burn out, keep me in the groove and then gets me to the prestage bulb. Well, a inch from the prestage bulb.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya that's exactly what Im wondering about. Also, I see the stage guys direct the car to the line. Is there a certain spot the spotter is looking for or just put the car in the groove?

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
WTF

Another one that thinks they're John Force and needs a dozen guys at the freakin' line.

If you need to ask, your boy don't need a stage guy for a 12 second car.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I have staged by myself, been staged, and staged many others. It is nice if someone can wave me to the edge of the water, but I can do that by myself also. When I am staging someone I will ask them if the turn the tires in the water then pull forward or prefer to pull through the water to the edge. If they like to turn the tires then I will give them a signal then pull them to the edge.

Then I will put them in the groove or slightly shifted if the car/s before them developed bald spots. It is a judgement call just how much over you get them based on the conditions and the car/tires. I have never needed anyone or have I helped anyone find the pre-stage bulb. If they cannot do that on their own, then they will have real trouble with finish line driving also.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF

Another one that thinks they're John Force and needs a dozen guys at the freakin' line.

If you need to ask, your boy don't need a stage guy for a 12 second car.
I was just wondering after seeing some racing today.
Never mentioned John Force and wasn't talking about myself. Assumptions are the Mother of all F ups, remember that.

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
i dont have a stage guy........ But i do have a stage name. Ands its Xavier Wantstafuck

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I have staged by myself, been staged, and staged many others. It is nice if someone can wave me to the edge of the water, but I can do that by myself also. When I am staging someone I will ask them if the turn the tires in the water then pull forward or prefer to pull through the water to the edge. If they like to turn the tires then I will give them a signal then pull them to the edge.

Then I will put them in the groove or slightly shifted if the car/s before them developed bald spots. It is a judgement call just how much over you get them based on the conditions and the car/tires. I have never needed anyone or have I helped anyone find the pre-stage bulb. If they cannot do that on their own, then they will have real trouble with finish line driving also.
He rarely helps with the pre stage bulb but sometimes it is critical to get in there first depending on who your racing. When your trying to hustle this is helpful instead of inching up on it. Normally he just helps with the water box to get a good burn. If the track is crappy the water box and the groove. If it is the finals and there is a few g's at stake he is usually full service. One less thing to worry about and I find it very helpful.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He rarely helps with the pre stage bulb but sometimes it is critical to get in there first depending on who your racing. When your trying to hustle this is helpful instead of inching up on it. Normally he just helps with the water box to get a good burn. If the track is crappy the water box and the groove. If it is the finals and there is a few g's at stake he is usually full service. One less thing to worry about and I find it very helpful.
That makes sense, thanks for the info

·
Registered
370 Posts
im going to make a pecker extender for the pit crew guys shoes so they can check rollout to while they dick around .
stage the fucker car your tires are coolin off!

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
I'm thinking next time out I'll try aiming the outside mirror so I can see the rear tire for the water box. Usually just me and the GF and she has enough trouble guiding me on the trailer. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
I like someone to let me know when I'm in the water mainly because I can't see fuck-all out of the little winkie mirrors on my Malibu.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Okay I'll bite.... Don't you guys have a track attendant guide you into the bleach box? Every track I've been to has at least 1 person, a couple of them have 2.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
I was just wondering after seeing some racing today.
Never mentioned John Force and wasn't talking about myself. Assumptions are the Mother of all F ups, remember that.
You asked the question of "What to look for" not "What do you look for" or "What are you looking for".

My post was not an assumption to your obvious question. However your reply post just bolsters my comment.

A 1/2 dozen to a dozen people are not necessary, or even safe, at the line for a door car. If a driver can't stage his door car he shouldn't be driving.

·
Registered
14,759 Posts
Okay I'll bite.... Don't you guys have a track attendant guide you into the bleach box? Every track I've been to has at least 1 person, a couple of them have 2.

He looked like he was in JR high and almost walked in front of me after he gave the signal to spin it up. Probably do better with the GF. I'll stick to my mirror idea.

·
nightmare on any street..
5,033 Posts
Just roll through water in high gear and smack it to the floor. Dragster burnouts in a door car FTW.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts