Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you expect from a WELL known cam company

If you got a $500 custom bbc, 4/7 3/2 swap 50 mm

That is Junk, Got the cam after a 2 month wait.(don't ask)

Degree cam and is not right....... lsa wrong, Int c/l wrong

lobe lift all over the place front to back

Duration varies 8-10 degrees from the front to back

AND it is BENT .021 in the middle????

WAS sent back to the cam company Three times

Freight all at my exspense,. everytime they say it is perfect

3rd Time out the owner calls me and tell me it's right and

I must NOT know what I am doing.....lol and as he hangs the

phone up says what a F*****g Idiot also told me he is done

with this matter, so just for my sanity i send it out to an

independant shop to be check on a cam doctor

(very well respected engine shop)

confirms my thoughts, the cam is bent, lobe lift all over

And duration all over the board..... not to mention lsa and Int c/l

Wrong............ What would you want Done?????

Don't ask the name of the company, I just want some opinions

Thanks

Ron

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I would say find another cam company to grind you a cam. Then pursue the other matter in small claims court. I'm not sure why people won't out the companies that screw them so none of us end up in the same boat.

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say find another cam company to grind you a cam. Then pursue the other matter in small claims court. I'm not sure why people won't out the companies that screw them so none of us end up in the same boat.

For Now i will not say, want to see how it is handled....
I want a full refund,, not another cam.......thats for sure

·
Registered
209 Posts
Still lame. Just spill who is doing the shitty work so it doesn't screw another guy. No reason to protect the identity they proved to be assholes even if they make it right I still wouldn't want to do business with them. Good luck

·
Registered
422 Posts
These threads always turn out like shit until they are handled, look at how many threads are started and just turn into shit because it's only one side of the story, or the offending party hasn't had a chance to make it "right". That being said I'm all for outing the cam company but only after it's taken care of.

I'd be pissed and probably be trying to shove it up the owners ass sideways as we speak if it was me..........

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
For Now i will not say, want to see how it is handled....
I want a full refund,, not another cam.......thats for sure

your not going to get a thing not naming them, they all ready told ya there done and to fuck off pretty much for what you posted. only chance now is to air it out.

·
Registered
14,799 Posts
So what kind of advice are you looking for here on a public forum that simple common sense won't tell you?
Taking a problem like this to the public is usually a means of exposing the comapany in question in an affort to apply a little pressure...and 9 times out of 10, it works, so you might as well say who it is if that's your goal.
If you're truly seeking free advice on an open public forum about a personal business matter, the advice you get will usually be worth about what you pay for it.
JMO

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
your not going to get a thing not naming them, they all ready told ya there done and to fuck off pretty much for what you posted. only chance now is to air it out.
Well i called my normal salesman, and he wants it back with the

Cam doctor report, gonna try what he can, but has to go through

the owner, has final say, but maybe able to get it some how

I have been getting cams and lifters from them for atleast 8-10 yrs

Never ever had a bad cam..... every one was dead on

but i think i Have a new home for cams now anyways, but said cam

company's lifter and shafts are very good..... We'll See

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts
I'd send the cam doctor report with the camshaft...and a copy of every purchase made in the last 10 years "receipt signature required" directly to the owner with a request for a refund.

I would expect a refund and an apology! Without the apology I would bury them at every waking opportunity for the next 50 years...maybe 60.. with extreme prejudice

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
I do not understand how a cam can be "bent in the middle .021" ...and still be able to rotate
within the cam bearings in the block....

or are you saying that " IN BETWEEN THE LOBES " ...the cam has a runout of .021"...

EXPLAIN...

·
Chinese buffet destroyer
2,134 Posts
send it to me for free and ill send u a case of beer in return. sounds about on par with the usual problems I have putting a motor together. they must of got our grinds mixed up. bend cam? no problem my shit will probably run great with it until something else breaks

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do not understand how a cam can be "bent in the middle .021" ...and still be able to rotate
within the cam bearings in the block....

or are you saying that " IN BETWEEN THE LOBES " ...the cam has a runout of .021"...

EXPLAIN...
Motor is in mock up stage.... Only have front and rear bearings in

the block,.....(50 mm Needles).........

·
Registered
9,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
send it to me for free and ill send u a case of beer in return. sounds about on par with the usual problems I have putting a motor together. they must of got our grinds mixed up. bend cam? no problem my shit will probably run great with it until something else breaks

Thats some funny stuff right there, This is one of those builds

Where anything and everything is just going wrong...... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
I have been getting cams and lifters from them for atleast 8-10 yrs

Never ever had a bad cam..... every one was dead on

but i think i Have a new home for cams now anyways, but said cam

company's lifter and shafts are very good..... We'll See
If you have this type of relationship with them why not give them an opportunity to make it right?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Hope you get this one resolved. I had a cam I ordered from Lunati, BBC, it was .817 and like .785, supposted to be a 4-7 swap, guess what it wasn't, tried to degree, no luck, sent back and they sent new one that was right, no problem. Although I do not use their products now, at least they were a stand up company...Well I do run their cranks......

·
Registered
706 Posts
I dont get threads like this. I feel for yah but come on.......
You dont want to name the company that told you 3 times no problem and the owner telling you to stick it in your ass.
I would like to know who it was.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts