Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i have to say what a forum. everyone seems real helpful. well heres my story. i own a 69 firebird. still has the stock front end. i was gonna change the drum brakes over to disc brake setup. so i figured i might as well replace all the ball joints and bushings, never tackled this before but i figured it cant be that hard. well it took a little bit but i got it. removed all a arms except the drivers side lower one. it put up a fight but i won. couldnt understand why it was so hard to get out so i checked out the control arm and found out it was bent. i talked to a few people and they thought maybe the car was in a wreck and they stuck it on a frame straightener and corrected most of the problem. well i talked to a friend of a friend and got him to work on my car this winter. i was gonna buy an after market frame but i figured for that much money i could buy a stock frame and buy some good parts. so i got a frame from a 73 nova. i wanna put tubular a arms on but im not sure what the best kind is to get. i had been looking at global west's with the del-a-lum bushings. whats a good coil over shock to buy? i also wanna put a rack and pinion on also, any ideas as far as brands? i dont wanna be cheap on parts but i also dont wanna break the bank either. i also would like to put a set of coil overs in the back also. the rear has been tubbed and had a 9" put in with stock leaf springs with a set of cal tracs. any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated. thanks and i hope i can soak in alot of the knowledge in this forum.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I just put a set on a Nova last weekend from http://autofabcart.net/index.aspx Think it's $899 for the control arms and you can convert to coilovers also for some extra coin. They fir great and are designed to drop the front 2 inches in the processs. They also sell the TRZ arms I think.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i should have mentioned its mostly street driven. will this matter with either of the trz or autofab control arms?

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I put the TRZs on but I am 10%street,90% track so my car turns like crap with a manual box. For the street Global west, Detroit speed, BMR, and I think Hotchkis all make a heavyer road race type that would be better for street use. Coil overs QA-1s are the best price but Afco's are some of the best quality. I run Calvert springs and bars on the rear with stock tubs and drag radials or 28-10.5s. Good luck with yours

1 - 5 of 5 Posts