Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what yas do with the 8.8s to still keep it streetable with High HP. I have a extra 8.8 housing for my 93 Fox I want to build up. Trying to stay on a little bit of a budget if possible. But the car will have full weight GT, LQ4 w/80MM turbo and a built T56. Should be about 750whp on medium/daily boost. and Close to 1000whp turned up. Really trying to stay away from a spool if possible since this is a street car. Will be running around on drag radials all the time.

Any input would help thanks

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
A good backbrace for starters. 35 or higher spline axles. C-clip elims. Spool wouldnt be a big deal unless youre trying to do some road course stuff.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Send it over to Team Z, Dave will make it virtually bulletproof for you. A decent housing cover, welded axle tubes, 9" ends and axle tube braces will really make it tough to blow up.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
You can get 8.8 ends that except a 9" axle bearing.. That way you ditch c-clip eliminators and don't have to buy new brakes.. Definitley weld up the axle tubes and if it's not a coil over deal, and if your still running the stock lca brackets.. You can brace it from the dampner hole to the axle tubes on the front side.. Some companies make kits for it and I think lpw makes a cover that you can run braces to the the backside of the axle tubes..

·
Tellin' it like it is
9,750 Posts
9" ends and 33 spline axles are great, but that Auburn won't survive. Regarding the bracework, I kinda think it's hype. We run 4.90s at 144 without any bracing, just fully welded axle tubes. Ran the same gear for 5 years.

·
Registered
512 Posts
You'll replace diffs until you just deal with a spool at that HP level. None of them will last. I wouldn't run an Auburn past 400 HP. You one wheel peel once....they are done. junk.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Send it over to Team Z, Dave will make it virtually bulletproof for you. A decent housing cover, welded axle tubes, 9" ends and axle tube braces will really make it tough to blow up.
This, I don't trust C-clip eliminators...

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input fellas, Ive heard mixed stories about spools thats why i was curious.. Even though this will be a streetcar if i choose to go to the track I still dont want to worry. But this will be a primarily 95% street car and hit the track once in a while, running "stock" suspension locations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts