Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
that guy....
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife want to spend the weekend down there and Im tryin to find a nice place to stay. Whats there? Thanks Chris...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes, stay on the river. Tons of bars (or pubs) and there is an arts college right in town......

·
Registered
2 Posts
We stay at the Marriott Residence Inn beside the Civic Center. It is only 3 years old, has a bar, does free breakfast, and is six blocks away from City Market/River Street. I suggest that you eat at Mrs. Wilkes for lunch one day-its cash only and opens at 1100-you need to be there when it opens to avoid the line. Also, stop at Kevin Barrys Irish Pub on River Street and take a walk upstairs. Vic has alot of Ranger military history on the walls up there. Vinnie Van Go-Gos pizza in City Market is good and if you want seafood try Loves out on Highway 17 (filmed scenes from Forrest Gump there). Lots of other stuff to do, River Street candy shops, ghost tours, Tybee Island, Ft Pulaski, etc. Neat old city.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Stay on Tybee Island. Very close to savannah and lots to do. Riverstreet is nice to. Be sure and take the horse and buggy tour. Pretty interesting.

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
We stay at the Marriott Residence Inn beside the Civic Center. It is only 3 years old, has a bar, does free breakfast, and is six blocks away from City Market/River Street. I suggest that you eat at Mrs. Wilkes for lunch one day-its cash only and opens at 1100-you need to be there when it opens to avoid the line. Also, stop at Kevin Barrys Irish Pub on River Street and take a walk upstairs. Vic has alot of Ranger military history on the walls up there. Vinnie Van Go-Gos pizza in City Market is good and if you want seafood try Loves out on Highway 17 (filmed scenes from Forrest Gump there). Lots of other stuff to do, River Street candy shops, ghost tours, Tybee Island, Ft Pulaski, etc. Neat old city.
First fucking Post Newb?!?!?!

Get Yer Contractor ass to the Newbie Thread, BITCH!

BTW...long time no talk :p

·
Sho'Nuff
5,366 Posts
yeah...'bout as good as it gets I suppose. I pretty much stay up in Hall County most of my time now, trying to get this 25.3 Mustang built.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I would also stay on Tybee Island. You are at the beach and out of the way of all the BS. Make sure you eat at Miss Wilkes! You aint but a short drive ftom Hilton Head too.....

·
Registered
7,641 Posts
River Street is a fun place at night. Get an appetizer and a drink at a few different places. Uncle Bubba's seafood is a great place to eat, it Paula Deen's brothers place. Tybee is pretty, they have a bunch of festivals if you check the calendar for a good weekend. The water down here is still pretty cold if you wait a few weeks, it will be better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts