on some labor charges for this work...
not by the hr/please figure whole job ballpark plus/minus

chevy sb inmustang
motor /trans already set in with headers/starter/carb

1.tighten motor mount bolts
2. install modify trans crossmsmember for glide
3. mount alum rad. w/trans cooler/trans lines/hoses to engine
4. mount two holley fuel pumps rear of car
5. remount/redo holley regulstors up front for carb/2 stage nos/ bulid bradied lines etc.
6. mount coil
7. remove brake booster/ remount mast. cylinder/line lock/bleed brakes
8. mount arc switch panel
9. mount new ign box
10. mount new oil press. guage
11. install torque converter bolts
12.redo battery cables for two batteries in rear/install master on/off/charge lugs
13.rewire complete car/ignition/fuel pumps w/ relays/ transbrake/
nitrous 2 stage w/transbrake/microswitch/retards/coil/arc switch panel/purge/
elec. fan and relay /some lights/nos progessive controller/1 wire alternator/
starter/ lock out msd dist./redo plug wires/ install plugs...crank set timing etc...
15. mount nos bottle to roll cage
16. determine length of #6 nos lines to purge from bottle and to two stage palte..order/install
17. make numerous trips to part houses for materials....
18. mount quarter stick shifter/install on trans.
19. determine driveshaft length find one and install with joints

please figure labor only...parts/supplies reimbursed by customer..

thanks for any replies

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'd probably quote about 2k, maybe 3k, if I was doing his out of my home garage. I see about 40-60 hrs worth of labor involved, since nothing is going to fall in properly without some modifications and/or creative license. Plus it really depends on does he want it to work or be a showpiece. Show piece work isn't cheap.

Your biggest time consuming task is rewiring, which could be done in 5 hrs or 5 days.

JMO,
Brian

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
GT350 is right on! Number 17 tells me to not let you do any work for me if I couldnt do it myself. You really asked how much to install converter bolts. I'd do them for FREE if I got all the other work. Painless makes nice wiring kits that are very affordable that no one can screw up.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Street or strip only? The wiring is the scary part depending on the use. Either a simple control panel or tapping into or re-runing wires. Wire is not cheap either! Then there is the supplies, comsumables (not just beer), tape, drill bits etc.
I would sit down and work each area, Wiring, Fabrication, plumbing etc and do the costs under each one then add them up as raw costs (your costs) then add your markup that you need to make.

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I'd probably quote about 2k, maybe 3k, if I was doing his out of my home garage. I see about 40-60 hrs worth of labor involved, since nothing is going to fall in properly without some modifications and/or creative license. Plus it really depends on does he want it to work or be a showpiece. Show piece work isn't cheap.

Your biggest time consuming task is rewiring, which could be done in 5 hrs or 5 days.

JMO,
Brian
Easily worth this. See my post #11 is why I don't think it's worth messing with anymore unless it's for yourself or a customer that understands what kind of time quality work takes. Love your sigs.

·
Registered
576 Posts
One thing is for sure. If you do a "good" job wiring the car it will take 40hrs give or take a few. Then the rest of the stuff will take
another 25-40hrs. Stuff takes longer than you think. What to charge is the tuff one. I assume you are doing this on the side in your home garage? If so I think charging between $20 to $30 an hour is fair. Depending on how good of a friend he is. If you go to the low end them just make sure he pays for all materials and don't forget about the stuff you use that you allready have in the garage.

So in the end I would think $2000 is fair. That gets you $25hr and gives you 80hrs to do it. If you do it faster you make more and hr and if it takes longer you make a bit less per hr. Just make sure he pays for all materials.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
I guess I'm a sharp cat today! Ya got it figgered out Suppa Dave? My opinon is,if a guy has to ask on a race forum what to charge a customer. He aint the person I want workin on my car....lol This must be his first customer.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Time and materials ..........no exceptions on a race car........ bill weekly...........can't "ball park" a job like this... you could sit down and estimate how long YOU think it will take to do each part then add 20%.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts