Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone:smt102

Would it slow them down any, very little, or a lot? Why are they the only ones that run them, when ODR is as fast as they were a couple years back with no wheelie bars?

Would it close some of the gap between the 2 classes, or would they still run exactly the same, without the risk of flipping?

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Who gives a shit, they run wheeling bars in outlaw, why are yall always trying to compare odr and 10.5 there 2 different classes, outlaw 10.5 cars are faster, get over it.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who gives a shit, they run wheeling bars in outlaw, why are yall always trying to compare odr and 10.5 there 2 different classes, outlaw 10.5 cars are faster, get over it.
Someone's touchy this evening...Hell it was just a question. So with your reaction I would assume they'd slow down 2tenths. Thanks for playing.

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Someone's touchy this evening...Hell it was just a question. So with your reaction I would assume they'd slow down 2tenths. Thanks for playing.
Im not touchy, I'm just tired of hearing this same shit all the time, jesus christ how many threads does this kind of thing need to be discussed in. Tell your radial guys to strap some bars on and stfu

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not touchy, I'm just tired of hearing this same shit all the time, jesus christ how many threads does this kind of thing need to be discussed in. Tell your radial guys to strap some bars on and stfu
I must have missed the thread that said
What times would O/L 10.5 run, without the bars???
So that is why I started this one.

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Damn its in every thread about ODR, ya'll are always talking about how radial cars are almost as fast as 10.5 cars, I mean shit its easy to tell where your going with this post.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Two different tires and two different chassis set ups. Apples and oranges. ODR would more than likely, on average, slow down WITH bars.

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
4.33 to a 4.14 about 2 tenths (marginal track way bigger differnce)
4.14 to an nhra legal pro mod 3.89 about 2 tenths
funny how that works

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Of course they would be faster, thats a silly question:p Yeah its still for sale, but your going to have to bid for it, I got alot of potential buyers:p
LOL...I know there is a lot of shit that gets slung about ODR and 10.5, but my thoughts of this question comes from way back, when ORSCA first started up. You had 10.5 that was on a much larger tire, and wheelie bars, and looked like a race car, then you had Limited Street, which has always been right behind them, but in a more of a street car look, w/ smaller tires and no bars. Of course they both progressed a great deal over the years as every class has, the reason for the Wheelie bar in that class alone has never been explained to me. If it was unsafe for them to run 4.80's without them in 2003, then why is it safe for L/S to run 4.50s without them now, and ODR to run 4.30s without them. Of course the radial is even more touchy with bars, but that isn't the point of the discussion.

So basically, just would they slow down? And why are they the only class that ever allowed them, and everyone runs them? Sorry I was never a 10.5 fan, as to me L/S and ODR seem ( less these days with bullhorns and all that other stuff) more like street cars(appearing) and more interesting.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
4.33 to a 4.14 about 2 tenths (marginal track way bigger differnce)
4.14 to an nhra legal pro mod 3.89 about 2 tenths
funny how that works
Didn't Stevie Fast go a 4.32? I get your principle, and that was always the difference in OL 10.5 and L/S, until recently, and the TT5 basically reached it's peak in the low .50's to high .40s

1 - 20 of 75 Posts