Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do people worry about cutting up cutting up a original/rare car? Every time I hear this whining I make me want to search out survivor and cut them up. Its so annoying, especially when their on a drag racing site!!

FUCK!! :smt073

Rant over.... LOL :finga:

·
Medium Pimpin!
8,852 Posts
Sometimes you have to start off with a nice car because buying a heap and basically restoring it and then building a race car isnt financially smart.

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
Yup, I get sick of hearing it too. I ordered my "00" SS (still have the orig. build sheet, window sticker, and letters from GM and SLP) and when I put the first cage in it (8 point) people went nuts about that lol Now when people see/hear what it looks like now with the floor all cut out and the 25.3sfi cage and suspension going in it they really give me shit about it, I paid $36k brand new for it, owned it since it rolled off the hauler, dont like what I do with my car then you can suck it !!!

·
Registered
12,205 Posts
Ya know if ya slowly work up to something,ok. A mod or 2 at a time. But what I don't understand is buying something like the Syclone I assume your talking about. Ok if it was a hoop,do as ya will. But if it was a nice ride and your goin that far,why not start out with a $200 S10? I've seen it done though more than once. Buy a 10k+ rig,haul it home and start tearin it down.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know about some of you guys, I could care a less if you cut up super bird, ZL1 camaro, what ever. If the person wants to put down some major coin to make it better why care. Its not like your paying for it, and if most everyone is worried there will be no originals left you better get the buying and stop the whining.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya know if ya slowly work up to something,ok. A mod or 2 at a time. But what I don't understand is buying something like the Syclone I assume your talking about. Ok if it was a hoop,do as ya will. But if it was a nice ride and your goin that far,why not start out with a $200 S10? I've seen it done though more than once. Buy a 10k+ rig,haul it home and start tearin it down.

LOL, you sound like my Dad 20 years ago.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,633 Posts
LIKE ANY OF THIS SHIT'S GONNA MATTER COME DEC. 21 2012.....:)

·
Registered
879 Posts
i say let people do what they want, it's their car and their money. according to SLP, my car is 1 of 13 the way it is optioned, but it's just a loaded Sunset orange SS, not a '69 copo car...i had no problem putting in a 9", built T56, and 454 LSX with 28,000 miles on it.

i do, however, agree with SOME people who get aggrivated when a rare car gets "destroyed." i think certain cars are part of history and should be preserved as they were originally built.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
In my case it's mostly because i'm cheap. I'm also smart enough to sell a valuable car and get a cheap car to start with and use the extra money on it.
Of course i'm hardly one to talk, my 64 Fairlane has under 4000 original miles and i'm the second owner of record. Lots of it has been cut, all the original drivetrain pitched away or sold.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Why do people worry about cutting up cutting up a original/rare car? Every time I hear this whining I make me want to search out survivor and cut them up. Its so annoying, especially when their on a drag racing site!!

FUCK!!

Rant over.... LOL

Would you not feel like an ASS cutting up a 70 hemi cuda or a 70 chevelle SS .??????
that is worth a fortune.

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
LIKE ANY OF THIS SHIT'S GONNA MATTER COME DEC. 21 2012.....:)
You seriously believe that? Then how about I send ya $500 for your car on Dec 1st 2012. That $500 should come in handy making your last days on earth very enjoyable. Just make sure the car is in my hands before the 21st so you can't undo the deal when the end doesn't arrive.

·
Registered
29,527 Posts
It's mine and I wll cut all I want. Just welded in plates and a roll bar on a virgin rust free uni body. 2nd owner with all the original build sheets(all three, under carpet, under back seat and on top of the gas tank), protecto plate and original black plates. Granted I'm not hacking away at it because I like it to look good still.

Keeping it original was the last thing on my mind.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would you not feel like an ASS cutting up a 70 hemi cuda or a 70 chevelle SS .??????
that is worth a fortune.

No, I'd like to see all mopar melvin's cry.

If you have the money to buy it then do as you please with it. At least it won't be sitting around collecting dust and bragging rights. Use them for what their built for driving, racing what ever.

So if you have the money to buy it and choose to let it set, so be it. And if I have the money to buy it and choose to cut n' gut, so be it.

Don't judge me and I won't judge you :smt102.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
I just tell them its a RACE CAR bitch you dont like it take ur ass to a hot rod car show but i plan on racing this SOB LOL...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts