Yellow Bullet Forums banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts
Agreed and a lot of progress was made in that direction during the late 70's and 80's. If you go to the library and check out the alternative energy books, they were all written in that time period. Cars were shrinking and gas mileage was going up. Then we had the great 90's where the money was easy and everything took a 180 degree turn. I ate out the other day and was surrounded by nine trucks. All but three were full-size trucks. You didn't see that shit in the 80's. Like I said, we're screwed. At least you'll be able to buy a truck real cheap here in about a year... I'll be buying me a motorcyle myself...

7DMACH1 said:
This has effect our transortation cost greatly. Being a Parts Mgr. in a Lincoln Mercury Dealer it has greatly effected my business. On June first Ford Mortor Company raised all their prices to cover increased transportation cost. Now I just got a bulletin the other day that Goodyear is raising their prices for the same reason. We run two delivery trunks, out fuel cost has doubled. I can't raise my prices or the competition will kill me. These big companies can since they are the only game in town. I have 5 other Ford dealers within 10 miles. I sell a lot of sheet metal to body shops. If I lower my discount, or charge for delivery, I'll be out of busines. Any suggestions??? No matter how much Ford or others raise prices, I still can on get my standard mark up. I know you think dealers prices are high and we make tons on money on parts. We don't Ford does!!! Ford's mark up on parts is 800%, and that's not BS. it's fact. Ours is 40% and then we have to sell at a discount. The body shops make more on the parts than we do.

That bad huh?? :shock:

How's this for markup?
Chevy 2000 Silverado 2500 series 2 wheel drive with single rear wheel.
Customer comes in for brake noise. ..check brakes...needs rear rotors and brake pads.
prices..
Pads...157 dollars.
rotors...480 dollars a piece :shock:

I asked for aftermarket brake rotors pricing but I got turned down.

to make the long story short. Customer flipped out and declined the job. I and service department lost a lot of money on that job.
I went behind parts manager back and call local parts store...lo and behold...brake rotor cost 52 dollars a piece. :roll:
I was totally ticked off and had a argument with him........
wanna know what he said....

"Not my problem. Customer bought a truck and he should expected that kind of price!"

What the phuck is that??? :evil: Dumb Phuck...here goes our business.....

Service Manager just let 2 hourly Techs go. Today is their last day.

Wanna know something, I'm next in line. :smt013

back to topic....

Fuel pricing isn't coming down. I hate to think what we will be paying for our home heating oil? :shock:

I have natural gas heater and fireplace. I better start stock piling firewoods. I got a feeling the price for firewood will go above 200 dollars a cord! :shock:

I that case we would offer the customer the option of outside parts. Better than making nothing. With the attitude of your Parts Mgr. you will be out of business in know time. We have to cut deals all day long to save jobs. :roll:

7DMACH1 said:
I that case we would offer the customer the option of outside parts. Better than making nothing. With the attitude of your Parts Mgr. you will be out of business in know time. We have to cut deals all day long to save jobs. :roll:
You're 100% correct.
There isn't anything I can do. :cry:
His number one priority is sell GM parts only and phuck aftermarket parts. With a cost of gas price rising, he tacked 12% marked up on part price.

No wondered I'm home early every day. :evil:

The cost of gas is killing me too, but If I try to pass it on to the customers, I'll have no business. I just have to absorb it and take the profit I can get. Once you start playing those games and the customer calls another dealer and get's a cheaper price your place will have a bad rep. and NO customers!!!!

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.