Yellow Bullet Forums banner

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON WITH DESIEL???

4K views 87 replies 20 participants last post by  7DMACH1 
By then all the people in the auto industry will be out of work and nobody will be buying Christmas presents either. What a country. The auto industry effects just about every job you can think of.

This has effect our transortation cost greatly. Being a Parts Mgr. in a Lincoln Mercury Dealer it has greatly effected my business. On June first Ford Mortor Company raised all their prices to cover increased transportation cost. Now I just got a bulletin the other day that Goodyear is raising their prices for the same reason. We run two delivery trunks, out fuel cost has doubled. I can't raise my prices or the competition will kill me. These big companies can since they are the only game in town. I have 5 other Ford dealers within 10 miles. I sell a lot of sheet metal to body shops. If I lower my discount, or charge for delivery, I'll be out of busines. Any suggestions??? No matter how much Ford or others raise prices, I still can on get my standard mark up. I know you think dealers prices are high and we make tons on money on parts. We don't Ford does!!! Ford's mark up on parts is 800%, and that's not BS. it's fact. Ours is 40% and then we have to sell at a discount. The body shops make more on the parts than we do.

Ford laid off 10,500 white collar workers yesterday. They had 34 Ford and Lincoln Mercury district offices in the country. Now there are 11 combined districts. The president of Lincoln Mercury Div. is now a sales Mgr. The president of Ford Div is now a marketing mgr. They will bump all the way down until 10,500 jobs are eliminated. There has always been a Phila. district with Ford. No more, we are now part of the Washington district. Imagine what it's going to be like to get someone to come here on a customer assistance call!!!! We are selling cars at employee prices. When this ends next month, what will the companies and dealers do? Nobody is going to buy a car at the regular price. We already sold everyone that was in the market for the next six months a car at the employee price. Where will we get new buyers???? I think Sept. and Oct will be a disaster and dealers will be closeing like crazy and the companies will be laying off workers. Ford is already talking of closing the St. Thomas Ontario assembly plant for good. This is where the Crown Vics and Grand Marquis are made. This will effect canada too. All of thier suppliers will be laying off too. Ok Mr. Govenment, how do you fix this????

Yeah, just like the freon shortage. Dupont sold all the stock of r-134 to south America for more money than they were getting for it here. Now there is a shortage so the price goes up every day. Wonder who they sold it to. Probably themselves and created the shortage to get the price up, but the Govn. is more worried about me smoking in my car!!! :x

How about the toilet paper and sugar shortage. Everyone was jumping on the band wagon!!! :roll: Drugs and alcohol are ruining this county and they don't even try to stop it, but they'll put the auto industry out of business and have the biggest unemployement of all time. Guaranty it will be 15% by years end!!! But watch where I smoke!!!

I know, it's going to hurt them, and all transportation. It's also gona effect everyones job that has anything to do with these businesses which is about everyone. God help our future!!! I need a cigarette!!! :lol:

Someone better figure it out becuse we are heading for deep shit!!! I've never been unemployeed and have worked for this dealer since 1969.. This might be a first for me!!! :WGAF

I that case we would offer the customer the option of outside parts. Better than making nothing. With the attitude of your Parts Mgr. you will be out of business in know time. We have to cut deals all day long to save jobs. :roll:

The cost of gas is killing me too, but If I try to pass it on to the customers, I'll have no business. I just have to absorb it and take the profit I can get. Once you start playing those games and the customer calls another dealer and get's a cheaper price your place will have a bad rep. and NO customers!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.