Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for advise on the correct spring/shock combo for my drag radial Camaro. Specs: 68 Camaro, Big block 496, single 118mm turbo on alcohol. C&S electric blow through set up with a 400 turbo trans, PTC convertor, Fab 9, Caltracs with split monos and a 3:50 gear. Set of x275 pro's on the rear.

I have been looking at Menscer, but I wasn't sure on the front springs etc. Just looking for somebody who has a similar setup. Right now I have the Calvert racing 90/10 shocks on front with Moroso trick springs and a set of Rancho 9000's out back. To say the least, this thing has some serious suspension issues at the track with the added power. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I use revalved Santhuffs on the front of mine, and right now have Moroso trick fronts 215lb with one coil removed. Thinking I may end up with a pair of Santhuff springs on it also. Don't think I will need the extra lift from the trick springs. But, I will try them first. I am running a 565 with a single fogger though (X275 car) and it's still in the chassis shop at the moment.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You won't go wrong using Menscer's front and rear shocks. Your springs up front may be fine... but you NEED good shocks front and rear to get anywhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts