Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some new spark plugs wire, ones that I have to put the terminals on so I can make them the length that I want/need. I've read on the inter-web that alot of people that run msd are cracking and falling apart because of the heat.

This is more of a strip car but will see street duty.

input?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do they have a set where I can cut them to the length I need? I dont know what lengths I need thats the catch.

·
Registered
10,937 Posts
MSD

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys that are saying msd...what series of wire?

Sleeved moroso?

Magna-core wire= never heard of this wire before. just msd, moroso, taylor

·
A bad example for others
35,766 Posts
Taylor Spiro Pro's. Always had good luck with them around headers.

Seems like the big, bulky boots on the MSD's are good for nothing except melting!:smt076

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
M-O-R-O-S-O.....Since the beginning of time :rolleyes: Just one of the many Moroso users that have not had 1 issue with them at all.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
moroso ultra 40 wires with sleeves

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I read the description what exactly is the point of the sleeve?

They dont make ones where you put them together do they? Thats what I really need. I have the crimper tool to do it properly.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have had great luck with MSD. Melting them??? not here. I had a car wire 4 years ago and guess what. They are still on the car from the fire and still working perfect! I bought new ones and forgot I had them after putting my car back together and just ran what I had for a temporary thing. Well They had no probs at all... I have 2 boots that are very close to the header "2in sbc headers" and never had an issue.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
FWIW, I've had good luck in the past with Taylor Spiro Pro wires and Moroso Ultra 40 wires. These were both already made-up sets though. Just got a used set of ex-Nascar wires from Roush/Yates racing that are made by Champion and checkout good. They're sleeved and the boots look like great quality. Got them shipped to the door from RoushYatesparts for less than $42....:smt023

Tater

1 - 20 of 124 Posts