Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PI ls7 heads, with the heads on the block it looks like I'm going to need a set of offset lifters.

What brand lifter and how much offset?

Part #?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
PI ls7 heads, with the heads on the block it looks like I'm going to need a set of offset lifters.

Part #?
Morel has them I know for sure, pretty certain Jesel has them also. Crower maybe.
you want a drop in tie-bar style lifter?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts

Part #?
Ls motors don't have offset lifters just offset shaft rockers. If your looking for a set of solid roller lifters the Bullet/Morel pro series 5425 are a good choice.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
Pretty sure Bullet/Morel has an offset version for LS engines as well as standard lifters. not sure those heads require the offsets

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Jesel makes them in the 842 dia. for the LS engine, & there coming out with the 904 & 937 in a couple of weeks. I'll have to check back with Rob.. If you need pricing give me a call @ 267-446-3525 ask for Tom, or just pm me.... :smt068

Part #?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Jesel, Morel and Isky make offset lifters for that set up. Jesel may have link bar type, but they for sure have dog bone and key style. The Morel stuff is link bar, the stuff I use is .904 diameter on the Morel.

Kurt

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Most square port stuff can get by without them when using small pushrods, but once the 7/16 or 1/2 pushrods go in with large port heads offsets are required to get space and straighten out the pushrod.

Kurt

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Most square port stuff can get by without them when using small pushrods, but once the 7/16 or 1/2 pushrods go in with large port heads offsets are required to get space and straighten out the pushrod.

Kurt
Thanks for the info Kurt.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Jesel, Morel and Isky make offset lifters for that set up. Jesel may have link bar type, but they for sure have dog bone and key style. The Morel stuff is link bar, the stuff I use is .904 diameter on the Morel.

Kurt
At what point do you go from a .842 lifter to a .904 lifter? I'm running a 6.0 iron block, can you bore the lifter bores to except a .904 lifter.

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
At what point do you go from a .842 lifter to a .904 lifter? I'm running a 6.0 iron block, can you bore the lifter bores to except a .904 lifter.
should be able to get them bore. if I was running near .900" lift with 900 to 1000lb spring pressure, would be smart move to install larger lifters

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
should be able to get them bore. if I was running near .900" lift with 900 to 1000lb spring pressure, would be smart move to install larger lifters
I'm at 306/810 on spring pressures and .810 lift before lash. I have the Morel .842 pro series lifters right now.

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts
I'm at 306/810 on spring pressures and .810 lift before lash. I have the Morel .842 pro series lifters right now.
Keep rockin' what you have. You'll be fine. :D

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
You should be good with those

1 - 19 of 19 Posts