Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like opinions on what type/brand./size of slick to use on my dart.
3000 lbs, torqueflite, 4.56 gears, best of 8.779 @ 153 mph, 1 262 best 60 ft with M/T radial slicks(didn't last thirty passes!!!) 528 cube injected alky motor, need to drop the rpm down some so i need all the hieght i can get. I have used 33.6 x 15.1 zx 15 goodyears, run tubeless, and that is absolutely all i have for section width clearance, 18 inchs. Best 60 ft with those tires was 1.280 if i recall, but that was yanking the front out of the beams real hard, so i figure it was about the same compared to the 1.262, due to loss of rollout.
I leave off a trans brake at about 5000 against a 6400 stall converter, and the car has a touch too high center of gravity, and pitch rotates very hard with 50.5 percent of the wieght on the rear. I have tried 4000, which leaves a little slow for a pro tree.
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Personally I like the hoosiers, they seem to me hook better, last longer and require a shorter burn out. I found I had alot more consitant 60' and ET's If you need any help in that area I can prolly steer you in the right direction as far as what will work for your set up.
Oh and by the way,I have used the others,,no comparisome in my book.
Thats my .02 on this but others have opinions as well, hope this helps

Tom :-D :-D :-D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts