Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was looking at wastegates and thought id ask you guys what size to run . engine is a lq4 with small 206/212 comp cam ls9 gaskets,good valve springs , truck intake 2 1/2 crossover hot side. street car.going to start low on boost turbo is a tc-78 with .96 housing for now and 3.5 d.p. might change housing after its running.id like to control it down to about 6 or 7 lbs. here is a pic

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I can find a good spot but im not going to ad any more parts before its in the car. should start the install this weekend. and i'll get some pics in the car.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's about where I was thinking . I know that my tc78 has a small exaust wheel so I was going to make the wastegate tubing as smooth and flowing as possible.just to try to keep boost down.that last tube might get changed a bit it is just tacked on so I can finalize it in the car. thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
2 smaller gates are almost always easier to package and easier to control

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one question. my tc78 turbo has a small exaust wheel that causes backpressure issues at high rpm . will a nice flowing wastegate setup take care of a lot of the extra backpressure.and still keep it boosting this is a 14-15 # max boost car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts