Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys. I am in the process of building a 455 buick. Not sure if i am gonna go with nitrous, or turbo.The heads flow around 335 at 600 lift, and they are 243 cc on the intake side. The exhaust is around 260 at 600 . It is a 4.50 inch bore , but dont have the crank yet. It is going in a 3300 lb car . Any ideas as to what stroke u would use, and what turbo size/ single or double.I am looking for around 1300 hp.My old engine is a 482 ci, and makes right at 800 NA.New engine will be close in hp na. I have done some research, but hear so many diff answers. Dont have enough money to do it twice. I appreciate any info.

·
Registered
51 Posts
What block are you using? Do you have it girdled? If it is not the TA block or have the girdle on it do not attempt that kind of power. are the heads stage 1 iron or ta aluminum? decent numbers either way. 76's or 80's will do what you want if you have the bottom end to handle it. Call Chris at CRT technologies he will set you up for a great price.

·
Registered
639 Posts
two 475 will do 1500rwhp..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate the replies guys.It is a TA block.The heads are Stage 2 Ta street eliminator heads.I have stage 4 heads that flow alot better, but could never get them to run any faster on the car.Thank you again for your input guys.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Good call on the TA block. Make sure you take your time and go over it real well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts