Yellow Bullet Forums banner

what size single turbo to push a 333ci sbf into the 4's?

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  tony spadafino 
#1 ·
i have 2 turbonetics 76's right now and considering going single for the simple fact that it is easier to fit everything. its a billet crank, billet rods, blow-thru 3.25x4.045 sbf. bennet high ports and an ATI powerglide 1.80 straight cut. nothing has been cheaply done. i want to be able to push a 3100lb foxbody into the 4's. any help is appreciated. if you need any info just ask. i want to do this right the first time.

#2 ·
A Precision 94mm will do it.

What rpm will you be spinning it? You don't want to go to large on the turbo or you"ll have issues getting it to spool with the small motor.

#4 ·
i have no problem spinning whatever rpm it takes. everything is supposedly good to 10,000rpm. but i would feel safer not having to spin it higher than in the 8,000's at maximum.

#5 ·
To run 4's without having to crank on it hard a 98mm would be your best bet. Leave your self a little wiggle room on the turbo. Sounds like you have a setup to spool it, so no reason not to have it. The thumpers all cost the same $$ anyhow.

#6 ·
Call Reed @ supernatral turbo (205)516-3946 thats what I did and it was the best thing I ever did! They are so helpfull ... from building the car to tuneing the car . They are great guys .

#7 ·
Bottom line: you have a small engine so you'll really need to let it turn some RPM's and make some boost.
I would use an F-trim turbine wheel coupled to a specific 94mm compressor that we've had real good luck with.

30+ psi and 8500RPM won't be out of the question either... so prepare for it! :smt023

#8 ·
A friend has a 347 with a G-trim 94mm 1.0 a/r. One of our PTC converter's and it has no issues spooling. No doubt in my mind that it will go 4.90's or better.

#9 ·
so the general consensus id that i could do it with at least a 94-98mm or bigger single.

but what about the 76's? how far would those get me? i figured they were at LEAST equivalent to a 101.

#12 ·
my buddy has a 321 yeates headed motor, with a 106, he spools it to 10 pounds of boost and 5200rpm in less than 6 seconds!!!!

#13 ·
there are guys in nmra sso that used to run and are now running 91 and 94 and have no truoble running 7.50 , not on 94 have now run 7.30
most of these set ups are on 360 or just a little better

sometging to think about

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.