Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
I was a first-timer with mechanical injection last season (and I am still totally ignorant, more or less)

Here's what I found-

1-Call a tuner. National Dragster lists several in the back. For that matter, call Enderle, the manufactures are helpful. Call in the morning before they are real busy. Have your engine and track information ready and don't take too long on the phone........you'll get great help.

2-First thing they'll ask is about the pump condition....and you won't be able to give them any helpful answer unless the pump is rebuilt, new, or recently flowed. SO, get the pump checked. It's not costly.

3-They are going to want you to have a good ignition and one brand of spark plug and not mess with ignition while you are messing with fuel.

4-The tuner can give you a safe, rookie tune-up. If you have pretty stable track conditions he can give you a "cold weather" and a "warm weather" tune up and between the two you can likely race all season and gradually learn your own program.

5-They can also give you tips on how to get your car to start, warm up, correct way to shut down, ideal staging temperature.

Like I said, write their info down and don't stay on the phone too long. PAY the tuner to check your pump out...the info he's given you on the phone is priceless.

This was my experience.....I'm still an ignoramus. Others on Bullet can add good advice, I'm sure.

PS-I had two pumps that I had information and history on and I was positive they were good.........I grudgingly sent them in for checkup............both shitty...ONE SO SHITTY THAT IT PROBABLY WOULD HAVE COST ME AN ENGINE.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Jim at Enderle is easy to talk to and Gene Adams in Anderson,Ca is very good. They will need to no your pump flow info to really get you going in the right direction,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts