Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to start ordering parts gonna be a 6.0 with mild cam 2 1/2 hot side and s475 turbo with 60mm waste gate. What size BOV should I order?

·
Long Live The King
106,074 Posts
any other info on this topic ?

Is there a proper way to size a BOV ?

I'd think that once it blows, even if the opening was the size of a dime or nickle the psi would drop instantly. Or is "bigger better" depending on the size of the system ?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Can't go too big. I usually match them up. I ran 60mm BOV and 60mm gate on my single setup. Now on twins and just added one more of each.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I had a jgs 60mm on my old setup with s475 and 3" cold piping.

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
Phuck me what's a BOV :p

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Just bought all my parts the other night. I ordered a cheapo 50mm blow off, got two xs power 60mm waste gates off c list for 150 bucks, ordered a air to water inter cooler an ice box with rule 2000 pump. Also ordered an ordinary s475 turbo ,aero motive boost reference fuel regulator, and a holley fuel rail kit. I plan on mounting the intercooler behind the pass side seat and just flipping my intake around backwards. And running the intake piping through the firewall. But then where should I place my bov? I heard they are suppose to be after the intercooler but then the only place to mount it would be in the cab somewhere which I would like to avoid. I've also heard good things about custom ground turbo cams. Any recommendations on who/what brand to use???

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also pne of the waste gates was disassembled when I got it and is missing a piece that goes inbetween the spring and the top of the wastegate. Does anyone know what talking about or if can order one of these parts?

·
Long Live The King
106,074 Posts
All you need is a 50mm, don't know why guys are bringing up huge blow off valves.
I ended up ordering a TiAL Q 50mm today.

It's rated to 1,800 they say so I'm good ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts