21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
agree^^^^^

recommendation:

stock firewall and floor back to "B" pillar or rear of cab for trucks

2x3 square tube back half or OEM frame (no chassis cars)

steel rear quarters and roof for cars and steel roof and bed sides for trucks (other then OEM glass or aluminum vehicles)

All the BS pro-mod top sportsman cars need to be put into another class--then they can decide if they want small or big tires themselves.
Thee 2x3 back half is maybe 75 lbs tops and no advantage suspension wise so i would't care if it was round tube. If someone is building a round tube is like a moly cage. It sells faster and holds a b it more value.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Stock front suspension stock front frame rails from motor plate back, stock firewall, stock floors to the back seat, no more than a 29.5 non W. Weight, rest of it run whatever, just have the needed safety shit for how fast your junk is.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Stock front suspension stock front frame rails from motor plate back, stock firewall, stock floors to the back seat, no more than a 29.5 non W. Weight, rest of it run whatever, just have the needed safety shit for how fast your junk is.
That is pretty much what I think but the bolt in racecraft stuff for earl nova and Camara should go to.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Guys is there any place or site that has Grudge/NT shootout events posted for the year. Would like to do some of the no rules shootout style races this coming year

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
That is pretty much what I think but the bolt in racecraft stuff for earl nova and Camara should go to.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Guys is there any place or site that has Grudge/NT shootout events posted for the year. Would like to do some of the no rules shootout style races this coming year
None that I know of and I haven't heard of any rule changes. Pretty much a true 29.5 no wide others are max ture is a true 28.0 . Any suspension from the factory and a backhalf are legal for the small tire. Tube Frame is big tire only. Some of the back half are really 3/4 chassis.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Its tough really there are so many variables involved.. I get asked to the tail gate class.. well great but I have a huge curb weight compared to most . I do not dis connect swap bar etc.. I go but its a blow out as I am 1000 lbs heavier .. Hard to make that up in 660 feet.. Then you add the guy that is close to the weight but coil over .. Even true street gets outside of a fair race.. I know gut the truck set it up for racing but I really drive it 8000 + plus a year pump gas .. I want to be comfortable while driving as well .. Good luck on this one . It comes to opinions more so than anything ..

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yes, the N\T Racing group on FB. I'm trying to find the list someone posted, but you can keep up with all things grudge racing on there.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,310 Posts

Quaker city dragway in Salem Ohio is going to have several 1/8 mile No Prep/No ET events in 17...

Schedule is not known yet as I was just notified about it this past Friday by my cousin (one of 3 organizers) for the event.

Had a trial run this past season with a decent car turnout....spectators where off the chart , the most I have ever seen there.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thanks Dennis and Rob. I dont have facebook so might have to use the girlfriend for that one.

Salem Ohio actually isnt that bad of a drive for me, might not be able to do a 1 day event but if they had a 2 day thing it would definitely be something to try and make

·
Registered
20 Posts
This is definitely a conversation that is subjective to what a person runs. Where as the OP says the limit should be a 4 link back half small tire, there are many with frame rails all the way back, stock type suspensions and small tires that will argue otherwise. One might say a back half is back seat rearward, really what difference does it make running the chassis 4 more ft to the firewall? If the weight is the same and the suspension is the same, what does it matter? If people believe a good stock type suspension is as good as a 4 link then tire size and weight should equal the class, but it doesnt seem to work that way. Personally we have all of them covered as we have a true back half big tire car, a 3/4 back half big or small tire and a full frame small tire car. And where as I do think a good stock type suspension can work very well, the adjustability of a 4 link cant be beat.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
This is definitely a conversation that is subjective to what a person runs. Where as the OP says the limit should be a 4 link back half small tire, there are many with frame rails all the way back, stock type suspensions and small tires that will argue otherwise. One might say a back half is back seat rearward, really what difference does it make running the chassis 4 more ft to the firewall? If the weight is the same and the suspension is the same, what does it matter? If people believe a good stock type suspension is as good as a 4 link then tire size and weight should equal the class, but it doesnt seem to work that way. Personally we have all of them covered as we have a true back half big tire car, a 3/4 back half big or small tire and a full frame small tire car. And where as I do think a good stock type suspension can work very well, the adjustability of a 4 link cant be beat.
You haven't seen my lower control arm brackets LOL.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Thanks Dennis and Rob. I dont have facebook so might have to use the girlfriend for that one.

Salem Ohio actually isnt that bad of a drive for me, might not be able to do a 1 day event but if they had a 2 day thing it would definitely be something to try and make

It is a 1 day event....I know 3 of the races will be on a Friday and 3 on Sunday..

But..... the 3 of the Friday grudge races will be followed by the DADs heads up series at Quaker....and the other 3 will follow the DADs heads up series..

So it is two different events ( 1 prepped 1 not) but on the same weekend..

The DADs event and rules are on the quaker city dragstrip website....the grudge event and rules I don't believe are posted yet.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
they should have small tires.
Small tire
Stock type front suspension, no fiber/carbon bodies less it came that way, and small tires.. If you want more rules then that go class racing..

Big tire
No fiber/carbon bodies less it came that way and whatever tire you want..

·
Registered
740 Posts
stock style rear suspension rules are fine....as long as you drive a mustang. but what happens if you prefer a body style that came with leaf springs, or god forbid, irs??? a true back half has NO advantage over the modern mustang bolt in stuff.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts