Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got screwed by Glasstek when I just bought a one piece front clip and they shipped it to me for just about double what it costs to ship from VFN (who is in the same town in IL). Called the shop and told them prior to receiving the clip and was told they gave me the "discount" rate and it should be 50% more to ship! As far as I'm concerned they have no customer service skills. My disagreement with them about the rate got me no satisfaction at all, and the only other option was to refuse receiving it (and probablly getting banged with a restocking fee) and then ordering with the competition and waiting the 6 weeks lead time all over again.
They are in Napierville IL, and I'm in Rochester, NY. My chassis guy usually gets clips in for around $200 shipping.

·
Registered
592 Posts
We paid over 600 to get an original ram air 442 hood shipped from east coast to ND. But I also know that someplaces make $$ on shipping. One place I deal with did a prepaid for me, warranty, and it was 1/2 the cost I paid them and 1/4 of the price if I did it myself.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glasstek and vfn are not in the same town. You may want to get your facts straight.
Do you work there, you also posted very positive things in my other thread about them? I'm off a bit being VFN is in addison, and Glasstek is in napierville, but the shipping was double what it should have been.
More than anything the fact that they didn't call me like I asked, I had to call and ask for tracking info, and they really didn't have any sympathy for my situation once I found out about the extremely high costs of the freight company sucks!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Do you work there, you also posted very positive things in my other thread about them? I'm off a bit being VFN is in addison, and Glasstek is in napierville, but the shipping was double what it should have been.
More than anything the fact that they didn't call me like I asked, I had to call and ask for tracking info, and they really didn't have any sympathy for my situation once I found out about the extremely high costs of the freight company sucks!
No, I do not work there. I think the guys there might recognize me by face but not name. So im also no close friend. I do know they are good guys and went out of there way for me a nobody a few times. I've had things happen far worse then having high shipping charges during my builds and never got on a public forum to bash a business. No offense but you seem like the type that would not have been happy no matter what they did for you. I just rode a motorcycle from illinois to the yellowbullet nationals in maryland getting around 35 mpg paid close to 100$ in tolls that trip cost me 250$ to get there and back i honestly don't think 400$ for shipping is that crazy a little high but I figured at least 300$. Good luck with the rest of your build.

·
Un-Official YB Tormentor
5,087 Posts
There is no way you would get a box that big shipped for $200. Seriously. That would ship class 125 at the CHEAPEST. When VFN shipped me a monte front clip 4 years ago, they put it in a huge ass flimsy cardboard box. I also think it was $300 back then.

DId you do a home delivery, or pick up at terminal? Home delivery adds $75 in most cases. Liftgate is even more.

·
Registered
194 Posts
1.5 years ago I paid 100.00 to ship a fiberglass front end from Virgina to Chicago (To the trucking companies docks) and used a pickup to haul it home. It made it with no issues....

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Spent a few hours working the clip today, and the quality is good. I just don't think when you call and tell a company the shipping is too high the right thing to do is tell the customer that it should have been $600. That's pretty rediculous.
The delivery was to a comercial business.
I know for a fact that the VFN stuff that come to the exact same location cost about half what this one did.
Drag racing is expensive and I know I can't claim that $407 makes me bankrupt, but there was a decided lack of customer service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts