Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently finished my 70 nova.... car has a 565 with brodix -2x heads (345's) unported, 12.5:1 comp., bullet custom ground solid roller over .800 lift, ported sniper intake, speedtech diffuser plate, glide with neal chance convertor, 4.11 gear, 29.5 10.5 slicks, 3200 car and driver

With a 92 pill in the plate what do you guys think my car should mph (1/8th mile)?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
forgot to mention the exhaust on my car is kinda small, hooker competition headers 2" or 2 1/8th" with 3.5" spintech mufflers. I know this is probably hurting the mph some...

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
What's the rpm drop on the gear change Mikey?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the rpm drop on the gear change Mikey?
I honestly couldnt tell ya... where the tach is mounted I cant really see rpm going down track just the shift light. But I have tried 2 different neal chance convertors (one out of uncs car) and still runs less mph than I think it should.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I would say 129-131

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Call Lane at PTC he will help you anyway he can (256) 383-6868

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car on a 92 jet is only running 122-123.... I feel like it should run faster than that even though like I said I know there is a few issues that hurt the mph (small headers, unported heads, etc) I still think it should go more mph.

What also seems weird to me is I have ran similar combos in other cars and always leave on 40-50% on the controller and dont pull out any extra timing. This thing I can leave on 100% with no extra timing pulled out and it still doesnt 60' great (1.29) best so far.

Im currently moving my progressive controller away from the ignition box as I have heard this car cause interference. Gonna try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
There are just too many variables to try to guess. Usually people set themselves up for disappointment by building up an expectation in their head. Take it out, run it, and go from there...most importantly have fun with it.

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
sounds alot like my loaner motor..126 to 128 every pass..

·
Registered
160 Posts
The Brodix -2x heads just don't flow that much might work good on motor but they need some help on nitrous.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Still say it's the progressive...remember what mine did? Ran 120 no matter what. Picked up 5-6 mph just from moving the progressive and the wiring.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I went 5.62 @123.xx with a 1.30 60' . Mine has a 32 jet in the Fogger and the progressor was on 20% for 2 sec. 18* 421. Looks like ur numbers are close to mine....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Still say it's the progressive...remember what mine did? Ran 120 no matter what. Picked up 5-6 mph just from moving the progressive and the wiring.
I moved it last night david.... moved it onto main hoop behind the passenger seat and loomed all the wires together and away from everything. Hopefully it helps a little.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went 5.62 @123.xx with a 1.30 60' . Mine has a 32 jet in the Fogger and the progressor was on 20% for 2 sec. 18* 421. Looks like ur numbers are close to mine....
See thats what I think is weird, your leaving on 20% and ramping it out and I can leave on everything and 60 ft the same.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts