1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is a question for you guys what do you think will make more power

358" nos motor with a 93 jet no progressive no timer
306" blower or turbo blow thru set up

lets here what you guys think both combos must run .550 camshaft and must run on 28x11.50 et street

blower combo can run cog as well as intercooler

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
You didn't give the size of turbo or blower your allowed, if there is no restriction on size then the turbo or blower will beat it hands down

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry guys turbo is limited to 72.5mm

blower is vortech t trim or procharger d1

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Build it with a turbo.. Nitrous is also going to be limited with that amount of CID.. Remember you can only put so much nitrous into a motor.. The smaller the motor (at same RPM) the less nitrous you can run...

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
I'm with them a 72.5 mm turbo on a 306 blowthrough will dominate if tuned right your limiting factor would be the carb and how good you can get it, I'd call powski on that one for sure

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok got me listening here what about spool up "turbo lag" and what about the tires with that torque also gotta way 3300 with intercooler supercharger is same weight do you think it will make same power non intercooled

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
If the set up is done right from the start right header dia. turbo etc. there should little lag and alway's run a intercooler more power safer tune up's, and the turbo should help ya with those small tire's because the power is steady and smooth and build's as ya go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts