Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about adding Nitrous to the motor I'm currently running now. The motor wasn't built for Nitrous so I'm wanting to know what shot to add to it.
It has forged pistons with stock rods with ARP rod bolts in them. All clearances are wider than stock but not what is recommended for Nitrous. The car will run 1/8 mile Pro Tree open Comp classes. I've never run Nitrous before so I don't now what all you need to know about my combo & what else to tell you.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
What are you trying to do adding the NOS? Just pick up a little ET or run a class of some sort? You want a plate or to do a fogger?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd like to run some 7.0 index racing or some Open Comp Pro Tree stuff. I run 7.6's in the 1/8 mile now. I want to run a plate system.

·
The nitrous guy
7,189 Posts
The rings will likely be one of the biggest problems. Most N/A motors are put up with Moly faced rings, because they seal well and do it fast, they are not nitrous friendly however. Some claim to get by with it, but a large shot or miss the tune a little and flutter the rings at all, and the Moly facing will chip off. Not a matter of if, just when.

Monte

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have Moly rings in the motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts