Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 8.2 deck 371 inch sbf, using kooks headers(1 7/8 x 3 inch) with a dedenbear case glide(164 tooth flexplate), motor plate on front, no midplate, and aje front k-member and am wondering what to use for a starter???

currently tried a 9503 powermaster with no luck....hitting header tubes in a couple of spots.

thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
i have a 8.2 deck 371 inch sbf, using kooks headers(1 7/8 x 3 inch) with a dedenbear case glide(164 tooth flexplate), motor plate on front, no midplate, and aje front k-member and am wondering what to use for a starter???

currently tried a 9503 powermaster with no luck....hitting header tubes in a couple of spots.

thanks in advance for any help!!!!!!!
Factory 94/95 starter

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
KOOKS OFF THE SHELF HEADERS SUCK ASS!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Man the best advise I can give is send that junk back and have some built. You will save money and headaches in the long run. Trust me I have been there done that.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Really guys he is asking for starter advice not opinions on his headers.
Yeah really! $800 headers with flanges welded on backwards on one bank and not even a stock starter would fit! Had to reconfigure 2 tubes to clear starter and grind the shit out of the flanges to be able to put a socket on the spark plug. Got nothing but arrogant attitude when I called them about it....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
at this point i am open to all options. not real impressed with the way they fit. drivers side fits great but hangs down about 4 inches lower then need be. pass isde hits the side of the trans case and starter they said will fit is no where close to fitting.

i was wondering if anyone has used the 9603 powermaster??? it has some clockable options atleast.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
at this point i am open to all options. not real impressed with the way they fit. drivers side fits great but hangs down about 4 inches lower then need be. pass isde hits the side of the trans case and starter they said will fit is no where close to fitting.

i was wondering if anyone has used the 9603 powermaster??? it has some clockable options atleast.
Send them back man. You will be glad you did. Mine was just like yours they hung super low and hit the starter,trans,bell housing. You name it. I am running a power master xs starter.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I use a 95 mini starter. Headers clear fine. 347 with c4 1 7/8 primary tubes. Mine don't hit the transmission, but had to clearance them a bit to clear stock k member.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
If you have mounted them on the engine KOOKS will not take them back..... Just put a 94/95 mini starter on and you should be fine, and you can always get the headers shortened to fit closer to the floorpan, much cheaper than having a custom set built.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Why modify something you paid 700$ for? They took my headers back I put them on the car enough to see they where JUNK!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
before sending anything back i would like to try a couple of starters to see if anything will fit.

thinking about the powermaster clockable 9403 and the fms....what would be the part number for a fms to be used with a glide and 164 tooth reactor flexplate???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts