Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK we answered that combo on rj isn't a 800+ combo what heads will make the power I am looking for?

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Yates C3,SC1,D3, Edelbrock Victor, Victor SC1, Brodix Neal, CFE pro king, Storm. Any of these will get the job done.

·
All motor wannabe
5,904 Posts
my heads would be capable of 950 if i had a bigger stroke they are yates c3's flow 404 on the int at .850 and 296 ex at .900 with my 3.29 stroke they dont have enough cubes to get that far

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I think Sam Vincent made over 800 hp with TFS R heads 10 years ago but I think he had more money than I think you would want to spend on it.......I think he said Cary did them. But it can be done with that head

·
Super Moderator
35,270 Posts

·
Registered
7,465 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Yes, the 7721's are a nice head for this goal. It can be done without alot of "trick" parts. If you are wanting to stick with the 20 degree heads, a killer TFS HP or those new RR Brodix that Kuntz does. The 20 degree setups are going to need "tricks" to make that power. Alot of attention to detail to get those hp #'s out of the std heads. You can do the 800-850hp with semi basic parts, and the 7721s(vic sr's).

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I don't see anything but a price. LOL! So it would be hard to say..... I like doing them to the actual motor, and shift rpms.

·
Registered
122 Posts
my 436 with 7721s, super victor intake and a 4150 carb made 905 hp on jims dyno this was last year so had jim and crew due some updates to my stuff and said it should make at least 960 hp

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
my 436 with 7721s, super victor intake and a 4150 carb made 905 hp on jims dyno this was last year so had jim and crew due some updates to my stuff and said it should make at least 960 hp
55 hp in updates??? damn thats alot good luck

·
Long Live The King
103,929 Posts
TFS- High Ports ?

Or are they out-classed for this application?

G

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Yeah 20° stuff CAN do it but it takes more work... a Victor, Blue Thunder or Yates head will do this MUCH easier. You still need to spend the coin on the rockers and valves etc... but it's much easier. Hell the Blue Thunders are probably one of the cheaper ways to get there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts