Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set f Dart 1 cylinder heads with 1.580 valve springs. I cant find a rocker arm that will clear that large valve spring. I want to use a convential rocker arm. I am not wanting to go with shaft rockers. Any help would be great Thanks Billy

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
I have a set f Dart 1 cylinder heads with 1.580 valve springs. I cant find a rocker arm that will clear that large valve spring. I want to use a convential rocker arm. I am not wanting to go with shaft rockers. Any help would be great Thanks Billy
Maybe the rocker arm is not the problem. Are you sure the push rod length is Correct ?? What ratio are you looking for ??

Ron

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,069 Posts
Lots of aluminum rocker arms need to be clearanced for springs/retainers. The Crower stainless steel rockers seems to fit a lot of stuff with no clearance issues.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I would make sure the geometry is good first as the pushrod length will play into this alot. Like previously mentioned, Scorpions and Golds will clear. Stainless usually clears. I have run HS rockers with no issues as well. Just be sure to run a very good rocker, as they are not all created equal when it comes to advertised ratio.. A good rocker for the money has been Scorpion, and they do clear much bigger retainers and springs than 1.580" when they are set up right withe the correct pushrod.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
:cool:

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
Crane Gold's

Older Crane Golds, such as 8-10 years old only clear 1.55" springs and tend to rub in the corners so they need minor clearance work

Most stainless rockers will fit 1.625" springs with some minor grinding, so they should fit yours with no issues

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree scropion are probally the best for the money.But you need to get the rocker gemontry correct get the push rod lengh right first.just using longer push rods to make the rocker clear will cause as many probelms as hitting the springs in the long run.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I purchased an adjustable pushrod so getting the correct should not be a problem. I have a set of the comp cam stainless rockers and they hit the spring. I called comp cams and the said to use the the ultra pro magnum, but the scorpion are sounding pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts