Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Good point. Law of unintended consequences.

We all want to see real 10.5 racing, so going back to dedicated slick prep... what happens to the teams that have been running radials? Switch back to the 10.5, or find someplace else to race?

I’d like to think the core of OL10.5 that’s been racing Cecil forever, would make the switch back, but maybe that’s a pipe dream...
At some point next year %99.9 I bet will be on a 10.5w tire ;););)

·
Registered
105 Posts
The track prep was more in favor for the radial than it was a 10.5. Anyone saying otherwise is not telling the truth. Last year on a 10.5 prep we all seen what happened..
So you admit the radial car didnt win because of track prep. NICE

Let's not act like Slicks don't like glue either leavin the line if track prep sucks once a radial spins the run is over where a 33" tall 10.5 the tire spin leaving the line.

The best 10.5 prepped track vs the best Radial Prepped track the radial is still easy .2 tenths faster pound for pound

·
Registered
15,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #84

Let's not act like Slicks don't like glue either leavin the line if track prep sucks once a radial spins the run is over where a 33" tall 10.5 the tire spin leaving the line.

The best 10.5 prepped track vs the best Radial Prepped track the radial is still easy .2 tenths faster pound for pound
I would disagree with that statement. A 10.5 tire on a radial prep's track struggles with tire shake. The slick needs to rotate so the car can get up on the tire. The extra glue dead hooks the tire, pulling the motor down, and/or rattling the teeth out of the driver with tire shake. If more track prep made a 10.5 tire faster, they would have been doing it a long time ago!

·
Confused Racer
39,667 Posts
I would disagree with that statement. A 10.5 tire on a radial prep's track struggles with tire shake. The slick needs to rotate so the car can get up on the tire. The extra glue dead hooks the tire, pulling the motor down, and/or rattling the teeth out of the driver with tire shake. If more track prep made a 10.5 tire faster, they would have been doing it a long time ago!

bingo

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts
Honestly, who likes to go slower after they have gone faster?
All the guys who couldn't afford to run RvW anymore... Outlaw 10.5 will stay with respective rules to level the playing field and not let it run away. 2019 the 10.5 is what everyone will want to race anyway!!

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts
that's like banging one hot chick on a trip to Vegas and then telling yourself that since you have nailed a hottie you're going to start banging fat girls again!
What happens when that hottie drains you bank account and you cannot afford another one like her? Do you get a fat chick or go gay? :smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts

Really? This car was 100% Cecil legal on this run.. and it's a V6. Can you show me a 10.5 car on radials that has run quicker? let along 2/10s quicker? And before you ask.. 2890#'s. The rules were changed the day after this run to 3000 pounds

·
Registered
105 Posts
Really? This car was 100% Cecil legal on this run.. and it's a V6. Can you show me a 10.5 car on radials that has run quicker? let along 2/10s quicker? And before you ask.. 2890#'s. The rules were changed the day after this run to 3000 pounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQssDzdJ7w
Numbnuts the tire is 2 tenths faster put a radial on same car go .2 faster The tire manufacturer will tell you that

·
Administrator
136,276 Posts
Numbnuts the tire is 2 tenths faster put a radial on same car go .2 faster The tire manufacturer will tell you that
So why didn't all the 10.5 guys pick up 2/10ths? Decker III has gone 3.92 on a 10.5 this year. He should have run 3.72 at YB I'm guessing?

I am very good friends with the manufacture and even they would tell ya you're full of it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Great to see high car count. I think some 10.5 guys going 315 so they can run Big dollar RVW races which have so much glue you get high walking the track.

I think Weights for Small block twin turbo RVW duck race is 200 lbs less than Cecil outlaw 10.5 rules.

200lbs equals .2 tenths?

·
Shrewd Negotiator
9,642 Posts
95 post wonder.
FYI # of posts doesn't relate to a fucking thing. There's guys here who are big names in racing that don't post often. They may have less than 100 posts like this guy. Does that automatically mean they don't know shit and should be disrespected and looked down on because they don't spend all of their free time here, arguing with fucking idiots all day?

Come the fuck on. I'd hope you were more intelligent than that.

·
Registered
15,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
FYI # of posts doesn't relate to a fucking thing. There's guys here who are big names in racing that don't post often. They may have less than 100 posts like this guy. Does that automatically mean they don't know shit and should be disrespected and looked down on because they don't spend all of their free time here, arguing with fucking idiots all day?

Come the fuck on. I'd hope you were more intelligent than that.
How's about you go read his posts then.........maybe that will shed some light on my post for you. Many "rockstars" come on YB as legends in their own minds. And proceed to post with the same attitude. That's my take. Feel free to come up with your own thoughts though. Free country.

81 - 100 of 128 Posts